So you think that my work would have calmed down a little over the past few months with having enrollment over with and the company settling down with their new owners.... well, you or I was wrong!!
I've been going a bit crazy for the past few months dealing with all the CHANGES that come with a company spinning-out and becoming on their own independent. It would work if the company was ONE person, but with all of the different opinions, new hires coming in to make changes, advisors, management changes... it's just HARD. I could think of a lot of other words that also aren't nice, but I'm trying to be optimistic. "It will get better, just give it a few months" "Someday people will see that their ideas aren't going to work" "Just ignore the annoying people Andrea argh"... Wish I could say that these thoughts were helping. By the end of March I was fed up. The hardest part has been the new finance department. Remember how I graduated in Finance?!?!?!? Yeah well watching that department in chaos I'm glad I'm not doing finance now :) Basically they are creating new rules, each person different rules/forms etc and then not communicating it out and expecting us all to know what to do. And then for paying bills they come to us and ask us a million questions before paying.... Frustrating! Anyway I was so fed up that I asked my boss to help fix it... which she may have tried but the day after I found out...
She's quitting!! Yeah, my boss of 3 years just quit!! Well, she's been there over 6 years, making good $$, but now changed her manager to the CFO and within a few months she's DONE. Yeah, guess that says a lot about our company at the moment. Anyway, it's just hard. Plus I have liked my boss and with her moving out that's just another change I have to adjust to, and the potential VP's so far aren't promising and I don't work well with them....
So I'm in a funk and hoping to either successfully persuade myself that things will be looking up soon or option 2... find something new. Guess we'll see what happens...
No comments:
Post a Comment