We had the best surprise this Easter! My sister-in-law and brother-in-law had their second baby, first girl join the family! And wasn't she lucky to come early Easter morning - how fun!
David & I were the lucky ones to get to watch their first born while they spent a few days in the hospital. We camped at their house and enjoyed living in luxury for a few days... And then also came home thinking, wow, we live here? Not that our home is bad, just not a big nice new lots of room to cook play etc etc. But where we are is good for now. We had SO MUCH fun getting spoiled becuase we were able to be a part of this special occation, get to hold the cutest baby, and also hopefully did a good job babysitting.
I've decided that I am now the "baby whisperer" for our home. So you know those little kids say so much, but sometimes its hard to know what they say unless you are their parents or around them a lot? At first we had to do some guess work, but after the first day or so, I felt like a pro. No longer did I hear "I need a kiss you" - and thought he wanted a kiss (although how cute would that be) but I figured it out, he needed a tissue! And of course, what 2 year old asks for those? He's just too good and too smart and so sweet. And now his world has been turned upside down, and he's a big brother, and a good one I hear! Okay and to prove that I understand toddlers, this past weekend I spent a few hours with an old roommate (post to come) and her kids were talkers and while usually I'm just nodding and pretending to understand, I could have a full on conversation about anything that popped in their heads. I felt pretty proud, got a new talent from babysitting my nephew :)
I was also spoiled and able to visit the hospital a few times and hold the little one for A LONG time :) I think little newborns are the cutest things ever. And while I may not know why they cry, they have the cutest cry and sweetest little faces. We visited her last weekend too and I got spoiled will lots of baby time, they are so sweet to let us visit and be Aunt & Uncle for a bit! (Even when she cried, it was okay, I just realized how much her parents do for her, how much sleep they may be losing these days, but its all because they love her).
Anyway, the pictures tell it all don't they? What a fun surprise! Easter was really just filled with babysitting and holding the little one. But I also made some rice crispy baskets will jelly beans (forgot to take a picture but they were cute) and then we stopped by the Clarks for a bit to fill up on more jelly beans and a good dinner. The kids did an Easter egg hunt and then we headed back to babysitting. I was also lucky to miss Monday at work. Wahoo! (Ended up missing Tuesday too - post to come) Yay for new babies and families that share them with us! Congrats you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment