Has anyone watched Kitchen Nightmares, Master Chef, Hotel Hell or really any Gordon Ramsay shows? (about Gordon, here)
I have to confess that I really love these reality shows!
Master Chef is easy to like because D & I like cooking and we love watching the creations and pressure to make something new and amazing with what Gordon Ramsay and the two others require. One of our favorites to watch when it's on, I think it shows in Spring/Summer?
This summer we got into Kitchen Nightmares. I was fascinated by how bad some restaurants are and when we go out to eat I start to think, can I see fresh food in the back and how are they preparing this stuff? Because I had no idea how many places froze their food. Or for how long. It gets me sick. And then Ramsay comes in and BAM he gets the staff to tell him whats wrong and he gives suggestions and there may be some resistance but in a 60 min show he's got the restaurant flipped around! Miracle!
And I just found Hotel Hell on hulu. We saw the previews for it and I just thought, oh no, another place for me to freak out about dirty or yucky stuff. Well this week I think I've realized why I like these shows....
I wish I could be like Ramsay! Is that bad?! I want to go somewhere and just give people my honest opinions if it would help them. Does it ever seem like we are in a world where people just FAKE being nice and saying good things when in reality it just makes a lot of issues behind the scenes or gossiping and lying and just plain ugliness?! How come we can't all be a little more honest and maybe help get a family to talk to each other and be supportive or get parents to realize some issues they don't see... or besides family, tell managers at work what could really help or who really doesn't work when they are getting paid, etc.? I honestly hate having to hold any real stuff inside of me, but that's just how it is today where I am. I'm told I'd create more of a mess by bringing up something that has been avoided. David calls me the "hulk" sometimes because I guess sometimes I get this look like I want to burst, or I feel like I do :) So,... I want to be Ramsay! He comes in and says it all and even if people give him crap, he tells them how it is but then he still does it with kindness and he usually gets to see a softer side after he breaks them down a bit. He's not just rude though, he does it for a good reason and because he cares.
Couldn't that work for those covered up problems that I see all around me?! David reminded me that these shows are "shows" and these people are calling Ramsay to help them even if they are resistant. So, here's my idea - want some honesty? Call me and maybe I'll get good at this too! Until then, I'll just remain "hulk" like and contemplate other ways of helping those covered up issues around me.
Side note - I'd recommend watching MasterChef at least, but the others above are where he really gets honest. You can find a few episodes on hulu.com at least. I do have to say, he cusses A LOT, the stations bleep it, but still, it may not be for everyone. Don't judge me please :)
No comments:
Post a Comment