My normal days change every few weeks depending on Tyson and since he's growing so fast I better capture what our days are like at home seeing that in a few weeks I will be on to a new schedule. And I'm scared for the next phase (crawling!!).
One thing I've learned is that Mom of an infant doesn't have a real "set" schedule with a clock but it just depends on how Tyson slept, when he woke up, how fussy he is, and so on... Oh and throw in work, house and anything else to the mix. But me as I am, I still want to follow a clock, but I'm trying hard not too, even though I had to call out times here so at least you get the idea...
And I know you moms out there with more kids than hands - I don't know how you do it. Not to say that those of us with one or none kids have it easy, cuz we all have it different and crazy busy. I feel like I am barely keeping up most of the time, but still it's worth it to be home with Tyson.
So here's at least a day in the life of me this week:
5:45am Tyson wakes, I go in and feed him. I may snooze during or read emails/facebook. Diaper change half way through and plop him back in bed
6:30am Sleep for about 10-20 more minutes while kissing David goodbye as he heads out the door
7:00am Shower and get ready. Sometimes Tyson sleeps and sometimes he doesn't so I may or may not have time to do my hair, so it could be a ponytail day.
7:30am If Tyson is up we get him ready and eat breakfast, meaning I try to convince Tyson that baby oatmeal is good but no matter what I do or mix, he still isn't convinced ;) If he's not up I just hop on the computer and work until he does wake up.
8:20am We play downstairs or upstairs. Maybe I'm doing dishes while listening to Ty say dadda or play with his Elephant, or we toss in some laundry together or if I have a work meeting soon I may be at my computer while Tyson entertains himself.
9:00am -ish Tyson is about ready for Nap 1. He gets a bottle, and then his bed routine - wrapped in a swaddle blanket, read 2 books, sing 3 songs, rock and pop him in bed.
9:05am Tiptoe out and hope he sleeps and doesn't cry long. Sometimes it takes an hour, sometimes it only takes a few minutes. He sleeps most of the time though.
9:10am I work fast and get whatever I can done with spreadsheets or things that take lots of concentration. Emails, spreadsheets, etc. Maybe I'm on Skype with someone too at some point. Tyson usually sleeps only 45 min for Nap 1.
10:30am After Tyson has been up for a good 20 min and just playing on the office floor, he's ready to be nursed. I work during that and then take a break and play with him when we are done.
11:30am Lunchtime for both of us. Tyson eats a lot better when I eat, especially crunchy food he loves watching.
12:00pm Sad but true, TV may pop on for just a bit. Helps my sanity and Tyson doesn't need to be hanging on my hip for a few minutes while I peacefully scarf down something and watch Cupcake Wars!!
12:15pm Tyson starts to get fussy so I make a bottle and we are ready for Nap 2. Same routine as first Nap.
12:30pm Back to work, while maybe popping down to see the end of Cupcake Wars. What a bad addiction huh? And it just adds to my sweets addiction!
1:30pm Tyson is up around this time and he's usually okay to play a bit by himself either in the floor piano thing or the new jumper chair he just got. Sometimes though he just wants to sit on my lap and at that point work is not going to happen as he would just attack the keyboard and really anthing.
2:30pm Another nursing while working if possible. It's a push and pull sometimes to get him to eat as he wants to look around and gets distracted and chats or cries etc.
3:00pm We just play until he's fussy again
3:30pm Bottle and about ready for Nap 3, same routine as always
3:45pm Back to work. Try and remember what I needed to do and call people or just keep doing spreadsheets as I have a million to do or review. I may also run to the bathroom or usually go grab some chocolate :) ha
5:00pm Tyson is awake by now. Sometimes we go outside for a walk if it's nice outside. Sometimes he lets me work or if not we just call it and play downstairs for a change of scenery. Lots of rolling, sitting, trying to grab at my hair, ya know, the usual. I may attempt cooking dinner with Tyson in the family room or in his highchair if he doesn't like me being so far away.
5:53pm David gets home most days, but 1-2 a week right now he may get home at 4pm. Tyson and I both look forward to 5:53 :)
6:00pm Dinner together if it's ready or David makes it while I nurse.
6:30pm Play a bit all together, or nurse if we ate at 6pm. Bath nights are Tu/Th/Sat.
7:00pm Then PJ's and David gives Tyson his last bottle and also puts him to bed for the night to switch it up and also let the boys have some time together.
7:30pm I'm back to work, usually after a quick bowl of ice cream. I try to put in 2-3 hours and then David is usually done studying and we both are exhausted and ready for bed.
11:00pm Hit the pillow and crash, maybe sharing a few coordinating things or something
Well it doesn't look to bad on here does it? But by Fridays I'm exhausted and still Saturday and Sunday it's pretty much the same but instead of work I'm usually doing cleaning/laundry/cooking/shopping. And sometime I'm going to find time to work on my projects.
But each day is fun. Sometimes when there's lots of crying it's hard. But the days when Tyson is just such a smily boy, it's just so special.
(written 4/5/14 - and the above schedule has already changed a bit here now at 4/19/14 waking up at 6:30, not going back down till 9am, nursing only 3 times a day and soon going to 2, and also liking oatmeal and his other foods more now)
No comments:
Post a Comment