As of October 1 2015, I opened an Etsy Shop to sell some handmade items. What does that mean really?
1) I came up with a name for my shop
2) Crafted and crafted - decided what to sell - fabric wreaths & handpainted earrings
3) Took pictures, wrote up and put everything online
4) Figured out how to ship and send orders
5) Got my first order! Then my first review!
6) Got set up with a space to sell earrings at Heartfelt in West Jordan
7) Created a facebook page and instagram account for customers
8) Kept crafting, joined shop groups to learn
9) And it keeps going... crafting, pictures, learning, waiting, shipping...
I'm not sure I had imagined selling online - but after some changes in employment, I had a list of - what can I do now? Nothing else panning out and hey, why not? I had a bunch of earring supplies and had been making some fabric wreaths, so I could definitely test it out right?
I had no idea how much time I'd invest, and creating has been really fun. I do wish I could balance home life (and recording memories - hello blog, haven't written in months!) a bit better. I'm driven to selling what I've made and hoping to grow enough to at least make a tiny bit of income. I know the first few months, maybe even year, it could be not so helpful, but so far it has been a fun adventure.
I've met a ton of awesome "makers" and I sure am enjoying this extra time while I can. I'll give some updates from time to time hopefully :) Here are a few pictures starting out initially.




No comments:
Post a Comment