Is it later yet? I'm starting to think so. About 2 months ago I bent down in squatting position to pick up my cousin's new baby off the floor. Well, while squatting, a sharp pain came from the behind the knee, just below. I'm thinking it's the gastrocnemius muscles - from all my research on-line today. Yeah, at the time, Steph laughed at me for somehow pulling my calf while just squatting down. I'm just so fragile, huh....tear. :) Anyway - since that happened - basically EVERY TIME I go to squat, that spot shoots pain again. I don't know if I'm tearing something, pulling something, or anything. It's been 2 months now and it still hurts when I do this. I've asked a few of my soon to be medical friends - and since they are "soon to be" - I'm not sure they really know (sorry guys - i still asked you right?). Anyway - they say to rub it, massage it, ice it, stretch it, stay off of it, etc. Maybe I need to go to the doctor?? Doctor Doctor.... help!! Okay, so it's not that bad. It only hurts usually when I do the squat thing - so I can survive right? But that 10 second pain is pretty bad when it happens. And now it makes me wonder - what really caused that pain?
2 - Maybe sitting on my foot has created this spasm, arthritis, or something
3 - Maybe I walk weird and it's finally affecting other body parts
4 - My shoes - heck, stupid high heels
5 - Running - see, I also started this at about the same time too...
Man...I have no idea. And I have no idea what doctor to go to - or do physicians look at these things? Would it be better to go to a physical therapist? My knee isn't swollen, you can't see any lumps, or bruises from blood clots or anything like what I'm researching on-line. I've tried to see if I at least could figure out what the problem was, but if my medical friends can't - I sure as heck probably can't. But - it's buggin!! I think I've come to realize that I'm not as young as I used to be. I wish I was 17 again. (Okay, I just saw that movie yesterday and I loved it! I guess I love cheese and family friendly funny stuff... it was hilarious, for what I expected - Go see 17 Again!!)
Oh to be young again.
Isn't getting older weird! After having four kids I feel like I'm aging before my time. I've always felt young because my hubby is 5 years older than me and I'm a young mom so all my friends with kids the same age as my oldest are older than me. But, my bday is coming up and for the first time I'm feeling like I'm getting old. Now I'll be on the other side of 20 and working towards 30. Yuck! :) One year older and wiser too I guess. ;)
ReplyDelete