Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Monday, April 20, 2009

My hollow muscular organ

Yesterday I received the best question by a sweet new found friend in my ward:
"Andrea, how's your heart?"
And maybe the really good part, was the way her sincere eyes seemed to be looking into my soul - and really caring. It's like those friends you've had forever that really care and know you. Or your parents or something like that. Hard to describe I guess. I don't know that this girl and I will be best friends - - - but she sure did make my day. I don't even know if she knows my life too well or the path I'm traveling on. But the one thing I know, she cared for me right then!
How's your HEART?

I pass all of that on to you sincerely. I really like this question. It's so much better than - How are you? What's up? (dawg...yes, I say that still) How has your week been? Etc Etc. These questions I just easily reply - Good, fine, awesome, etc. But it doesn't mean anything. Really, to either person, most of the time - it's just a courteous act. Which, don't get me wrong, is a good thing to do. Shows respect and acknowledgement. But, if we really cared, maybe we'd ask a more sincere question. Or a question that follows up from the previous conversation you had with that person.

How's your heart? - That could mean so many things. It could reference love, pain, dating, life, your children who make your heart so big, the job that you just can't find yet. These life changing - good and bad - experiences affect our hearts and sometimes it's good to be able to share that. And this reminded me of a movie I saw not too long ago (Chasing Liberty - yes, some random Mandy Moore show) - where the mom asks her daughter the same question and she says - It's a little bit broken. Man, I totally can relate to that. But the good part about this great muscle of an organ - our Heart - is it'll heal. Yeah, day to day it'll get bigger and won't hurt as much. Then something will happen and we'll realize that we hurt again. Heck, it's for our experience though right? Yep. Glad I have a heart. Which reminds me of another movie...Oz. Good thing we don't have to wish for a heart. We're so blessed. And we should use that heart to bless others too huh? (Side note - how come most of my posts have some sort of moral story or a Go and gett'em feeling?? - why can't I just write a good story? - Is it a mission thing? - Or maybe I just think this way?? I don't know that I even like it!) (Side note to myself - Just write something w/out thinking And. Come on. hah)

Okay so when I went to title this post I decided to do a little dictionary search of the word heart. I don't listen too much in health since I have Vasovegosyncopi (no idea how to spell that one...faint at blood for those who aren't doctors) - so I guess I had too google Heart? Interesting description though, we could all ponder on it for awhile I bet, I personally like #5 and #6. I also was going to put up a picture, but when I googled Heart - it's kinda gross, a lot had real pictures of hearts, or a painting of a girl who had ripped out a heart from her lover, etc. So, I'll spare you the gore. Just imagine...

Heart:
1a: a hollow muscular organ of vertebrate animals that by its rhythmic contraction acts as a force pump maintaining the circulation of the blood. b: a structure in an invertebrate animal functionally analogous to the vertebrate heart. c: breast, bosom. d: something resembling a heart in shape
2a: a playing card marked with a stylized figure of a red heart.
3a: personality, disposition <>
4: the emotional or moral as distinguished from the intellectual nature: as a: generous disposition : compassion <> b: Love, affections. c: courage, ardor
5: one's innermost character, feelings, or inclinations
6a: the central or innermost part. b: the essential or most vital part of something

Sorry for my lack of posting - it kinda describes the last few weeks I guess. But I'm sure I have some good, funny stories, so I'll get crackin and post this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment