10:00 am - Church
1:30 pm - Check out the NYC skyline from a hill at the top of a hike/picnic area...
2:00 pm - Kids take a nap, and we take a nap
4:00 pm - Dinner
That evening - just be lazy... jump around with the boys - literally - JUMP on beds, on mattresses on the couches, everywhere... And watch a movie and get massages after the boys went to sleep...
- Church was good. Lexie's in YW's and I've always wanted to be a YW's leader again. It was interesting and a bit eye opening to be around all these 12-16 year old girls. They aren't as cute as we were in YW's - that's the honest truth. More just a bit annoying because they want to talk about their problems, be dramatic, me me me... and just I don't know. But, I'm sure they are good girls, I just didn't realize how funny the teenage girl stage is. They're so loud and obnoxious. Was that ever me? No way. Well...hmm.
- The little walk to see the NYC skyline was hard on the boys. They needed their naps. And even harder for their mom because Lexie was in her high heels and luckily I would hold on to her so she didn't fall on her face! The sky was overcast so we didn't get to see as much as we could have, sad.
- We desperately needed the RELAX day. I mean, this was my vacation and I was getting no sleep and playing way too much! Well, who can play too much?? It was nice to just play with the boys though and be entertained by the crazy things that Lexie and Rob do with them. Yes you guys are crazy, but good crazy! Like - they toss their kids around on their bed. And then they take my blow up mattress and set it against the couch/wall and see if the boys can run up it and roll down. I'm surprised no one gets hurt - - - oh wait, they do all the time! They are all a bit klutzy. It was fun to see how fun kids are though.
No comments:
Post a Comment