THE LAST DAY... tear tear!!
7:00 AM - Kids wake us up again...
10:00 AM - Drive to NYC and spend a few hours there walking through Central Park
2:00 PM - Back to NJ, grabbed some lunch, let the kids nap a bit - they were starting to get sick and that was so sad!!
5:30 PM - Go to Lex and Rob's friends for a Memorial Day BBQ and birthday party for a little kiddo. Us girls played rockband and chilled while the rest played outside with the slip and slide
8:00 PM - Back to Lexie's to just "chill" and hope the kids feel better soon. I can't remember what else we did - I think we just watched "So you think you can Dance" and stuff...
6:00 AM - Lexie took me to the airport...tear tear.
DETAILS:
- By this last day we all had worn ourselves out. The kids were so worn out that they were getting sick. Poor boys! They were still so good for being not so well. It was fun to drive through the tunnel from NJ to NYC and then be in the mess of traffic around the noon hour - the mornings are the LEAST busy, so it was a good time to go.
- Central Park was GREAT! I was tired so I didn't need to see much to be happy. It's just so cool that I could see areas where movies were filmed and stuff. Like 27 Dresses - the place where her sister chose to get married. Or Enchanted and the song and dance she did. Or... I don't know. Lexie was better at knowing this really... but it was so cool to be there and be close to where things really were filmed!!
- Memorial BBQ - was actually not a BBQ, but a taco night... at the friend's house. It's fun to see how married people "hang out". Lexie has some good friends, good to know people are taking care of her! Rockband was a BLAST. Next up we'll have to do kareoke and dancing when we see each other next time.
- I knew it was time I to go home after Monday night, but I didn't really want to go back to normal life. It was a bit wierd that Lexie and Rob were still doing normal life, so I was the only one on vacation, so I did feel like I should be doing productive things, so at least maybe that motivated me to get on a plane and go back to work... Although I HATE planes, more and more these days really!! The 5 hour flight was long. And then I went into work and worked the full day. I was exhausted from my "vacation". I think I need another one :)
- LOVE YOU LEXIE!! Thanks for a great trip!!
I guess I havn't checked your blog in FOREVER! Love the post. I miss you so much. It really was a such a fun trip!!! But you didn't post the air matress video on here, I think eveyrone NEEDS to see that! haha good times.
ReplyDelete