So, I have a few things to catch up.... maybe before the New Year?? :) Well, I'll date it as so...ha ha

I think I also am losing all memory since it took me awhile to find where my elementary school was and other stuff that I should totally know! We also took David to In&Out for his first time there. Yum! By the afternoon I borrowed Eric's car and drove David out to the boonies where Dad lives. All the family was getting together to say hi and meet him :) We had lovely French Toast cooked for the whole group that is getting bigger everyday. Below are pictures with us with the pond. Then me and the nieces and nephews. (They always tackle me into some sort of game or toys, which I love!) We then headed to Cold Stone and got some ice cream. Yep, Ice Cream to go with our Syrupy French Toast.... talk about sugar huh? We picked up a movie Dad was referred to and we all watched it. Meet the Parents. Yep again. Hahha. It was good that David met the family before they watched the movie, because they could have gotten ideas to do from it... but everyone was great and Dad grilled David to get all his info and then later Dad quizzed the family to see what they remembered. Silly.

I took David to my HOME!!! (The week before we were engaged) Mom picked us up Friday Nov 13th (sweet day!) and we checked out her work before heading to Chili's with Eric & Amanda (his sweet girlfriend). So, we all piled on the food until we were stuffed. I think I tried everyone's food but didn't find the best meal there yet. Next up was a movie (I was hoping scary to go with the day theme..). It was fun being with the family and doing our normal snacking, chatting, and watching. We finally went to bed. David was lucky and slept in my old room while I bunked elsewhere...
Next came Saturday... we had Crepes for breakfast. Yum! And then Mom & I gave David the tour of my hometown Tempe. We stopped at a park and here are some candids and posed since Mom was willingly snapping our picture. (Didn't know we were practicing for engagement shots huh?) 
Sunday was the last day, still busy busy. We headed to Glendale where I met some of David's family! They all coordinated and met us at his cousin's house where we had breakfast and chatted for a bit before their church. They are a very sweet bunch. We didn't get to stay too long, but the point was probably mostly for them to meet me - mission accomplished. Next up we drove back to Tempe and went to my Dad's ward. We were spiritually fed and basically the theme for the lessons were marriage - so that was fun. David & Dad had a little "chat" before we piled into his van and headed to the airport. So all was accomplished that we could in those 48 hours - - - at least meeting the family and seeing my home town etc. It was great going with David and having him see all - even my room or school etc. Now when I tell stories he can imagine it better. I remember visiting AZ in September when we had just started dating - I had wished he was there so he could understand what I was describing - and then I did convince him to come :) :) Fun weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment