Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Last Christmas Alone

**Disclaimer: I mention a FEW times in here that Christmas might not have been the best... It's only cuz I'm engaged and I hated being away from the love of my life... It doesn't have reflection on those I love in AZ. But I will say, for those of you planning to take vacations alone while newly engaged or married, or even years later - I didn't like it -and hope to never do that one again :)
CHRISTMAS 2009
....
So, I went home to AZ for 5 whole days to spend half and half as normal... All the family got together and we had a few meals, Christmas presents, shopping, and the usual hustle and bustle. The only thing missing for me... David! I planned my trip before we were engaged and decided I could survive for 5 days. And that's what I did - survived barely. (No dramatization at all...) Thank goodness for SKYPE and technology. David was back in UT with his family, but we still could chat.
I flew in with Grandma, who did awesome on the trip down. Then Dad & I did some last minute shopping since I only had 1 day, and I got it all done in like 2 hours (totally had planned what I was getting). Then we looked for stuff for Diane and by that afternoon I was tired and done. I headed to Moms where I spent the last few hours with her and Eric and we watched Elf. Awe. Mom was in the hospital a few days before I got there (she's okay now) but so we had a few things to run and do that night as well. That morning Amanda came over and we all opened presents (below).
And then that afternoon I rode with Eric & Amanda to Dads where we had an International Dinner where everyone provided something for dinner from another country, and we opened presents. It was an 8 hour family event...but I didn't get too many great pics...
The rest of the weekend I skped with David, shopped with mom, watched movies, went to 2 churches and showed off my ring, had Sunday dinner at Dads, and just waited to go back to the freezing cold and umm...this guy...

2 comments:

  1. that is so funny but me and jason did that too and it was totally dumb. i hear ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, remember about ONE month exactly after Rob and I got married I flew out to Utah to see Springs new baby. I stayed with you for a few days then tried to go home but got bumped and had to stay longer. I'm sure you rememebr me bawling that I wanted to go home. I felt bad because I loved being with you but I wanted my New Hubby!

    I am glad you know now so you don't see me as such a JERK! It's not fun being away from your lover....but give it a couple years and you'll be asking "WHEN do I get to LEAVE for a couple days, jeez?" haha....sad but true!

    ReplyDelete