One particular night I remember us parked in one of our cars, sitting outside our house. The two in the front had their chairs reclined both staring at the car ceiling. And the one in the back laying down as well. We all were just throwing thoughts out there as to when we'd like to get married, how many kids... I remember telling them that I wanted to get married 1st so that I could then go to both of their weddings. They came back saying that wasn't fair and they also wanted that. We put in guesses as to who would be married first and who would have boys, girls, and what types of mom's we would be. I don't think I realized that those days would actually come to pass sooner than we thought. We probably had this conversation in 2001 or 2002.
May 2003 - SPRING was #1. She got married to Corey when still a teenager :) And now they have 4 cute kids!! Lexie and I were her bridesmaides (so were her sisters in different outfits). We wore our yellow dresses and greeted everyone at the reception and asked to take their picture...wow. That was a fun memory!
January 2004 - LEXIE was up next... She married Rob after a short dating spell as well... And now has 3 darling boys that bounce off the walls in their NJ home... seriously! Spring was prego at Lexie's wedding, and she had her wedding close to Christmas so we'd be in AZ, not UT for the holidays. I was a bridesmaid in black and red and got her bouqeut (couldn't find the place!) and danced at the reception etc etc.
......... 6 years pass .......... am I going to get married? I'm the last one for sure, but the good thing is that the way we had thought about it was that the last person could have all 3 of us in the sealing room together while the 1st only had themself... Looking at the positive.
Febuary 2010 - I tied the knot too finally! I married David and how awesome was it to have SPRING and LEXIE both be able to fly to UT from NJ or AZ, leave their families, and spend a few days with me before the wedding??? Totally amazing! I think I was pretty caught up in "I'm getting married" and wedding details, but looking back now - that wasn't even something I would have imagined! So, we went to all of each other's weddings! Sweet!
Wednesday before the wedding, Lexie flew in and I picked her up, showed her around, took her on errands - and that evening my Mom & Steph took us to do peticures, dinner and embarrass me with "bride to be" outfits :). Spring flew in on Thursday and we went to Chik-fil-A and ate, looked for a shirt for me, got new lipstick....They ironed my dress, and helped me pack... I had them at my home those 2 nights... a little crazy to get sleep, but it was fun (my downstairs neighbors hated us for being so loud!). I still just can't imagine how amazing it was that my 2 high school buddies with husbands and 3-4 kids each left it all and flew out to see me. They're just GREAT! I remember in high school our parents would say, "friends will come and go" and I remember us 3 saying, no - we're different! And so far I love that we've stayed in touch and that our wedding dreams have come true so far. Thanks girls, you're the best!!!!


I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete