Well, we showed up a bit early and organized our family's seating arrangements as they all came in. We figured it would be best to mix them up a bit since our families hadn't met each other at all. It was actually entertaining for me at least to watch one family across the table from the other family and see if they would interact and how, or if they would ignore each other... it probably was a bit awkward, but I decided not to worry about it. Our parents at least were big boys and could mingle if they wanted :)
David & I pretty much ran the show during the dinner. Actually, I let David do it all since his voice was a lot manlier, louder, and lower... We walked around the 2 long tables together and introduced each person sitting at the table. David was pretty good with them all, it was cute when he mixed up my uncle for the grandpa for a second, but that was my fault as well since I should have been helping. It was a bit loud since we were on the top floor but could hear the other people downstairs. So, we just basically introduced during the salad and let everyone chat after that. I really enjoyed having everyone getting to know each other in an informal setting.
Oh, another memory from this night was one of my BYU/Mission best roommate Courtney couldn't come because of a crazy storm on the East coast, her flight was cancelled. She told me Wednesday but it didn't hit me till Thursday when I saw our other friend Megan - that wow, she won't be here with us!! I totally started crying uncontrollably for a few minutes - yikes! I hope not too many people saw because they could have thought - what's wrong with the bride? Cold feet? Problems? No way... Just missing a friend who we also promised to be at each other's wedding. Stupid weather doesn't always permit it. I just told Megan and others to not mention "Court" and I would be fine. It was a crazy moment, but I guess I like the memory since it shows my feelings of my whole wedding - all I really cared about was having all my FAVORITE people there supporting and partying with us. That's really been my main priority since planning our wedding. And watching other brides-to-be that I know now, I'm glad for that desire, because in reality, who's going to care about the little decorations, food, or anything weeks or years later? The part that sticks with us are the memories. Okay... a little too deep maybe ... since my point of this post was PASTA... but oh well. My thoughts. :)
And the next day we knew would be the WEDDING!! Everything was ready, just a bit of packing. David & I had about 40 minutes later that night to just sit, stare, and get excited for the adventure in the morning. Awe.
No comments:
Post a Comment