Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Friday, May 28, 2010

THE DAY (Part 2)

We made it to the reception center by 5:00pm with a few little wedding glitches like usual. We rushed through some more family pictures trying to be all done and ready by 6:30pm for the start of the reception. We had our reception at Aspen Landing in Murray off of Redwood and 6400 S. I loved it there. It was like a cute little cottage, perfect for a Valentine's weekend wedding. It was pretty much overcast all day with clouds, but nothing wet, which I was worried about. The day just seemed to go by so fast it didn't seem like we really could stop too much, I wish I could have done that a bit more, but there were just so many people to see and things to do. I loved it all. We stood in our line with our parents on each side for almost 2 hours! Wow, it went by really fast actually. I was a bit sad that I couldn't just sit and talk to some of those good friends/family for hours since they had come all that way. But, that's a wedding for you huh? It was fun meeting David's people and also getting him to meet all the people I knew. Anyway, it was finally time for the partying :) :) We cut the cake, did the bouquet and garter, and then my dad played the Wedding song traditional for our family by Kenny G. Then we did the daddy daughter and mother son dance - some people in tears - and then finally - the cute couple (hello, ... yep, us) danced our first dance!! We danced to Never Gonna Be Alone by Nickelback. Jeff my cousin was our DJ at the very last minute, which I loved so much. I totally wanted that. And then after 'the dance' we invited everyone else up to get their groove on. The crowd was a little slim at the end, but I didn't notice and just had fun before the night ended. We got all ready and headed out to sparklers and all our loved ones wishing us well. Oh... our car... was ... totally ... trashed ... really badly. We actually had to stop and wash it since we had a bit of a drive ahead of us. Yay!! What a day!!! It really was perfect. Loved it all. Wouldn't have changed a thing.

1 comment:

  1. So fun!!! You are so beautiful I love all your pics. especially the ones of you and me....oh wait WHERE ARE THOSE????

    hahaha kidding! Love ya

    ReplyDelete