Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Monday, June 13, 2011

Anticipation...

It's official, we've submitted David's dental application!!  From now until December we'll be waiting for dental school interview requests, phone calls, mail..... And just sitting at the edge of our seats.  I haven't figured out what the word p-a-t-i-e-n-c-e means, even after 26 years, I think I'm un-developing patience...

December is 6 months away, guess we better do something else to distract ourselves right??  I'm sure we'll find something to do.  Oh yes, we have, we're always busy huh?  Although this past week I've caught myself thinking - maybe I can start looking for rental places or cities close to the dental schools, but then I realize, oh, where are we going?  We don't know yet!  We just applied to around 20 different places all over the US :)


That's the update on dental school stuff.  For the summer David has a full school load, even 3 night classes, which gives me time to watch TV and eat bon bons at night... or run busily around myself.  Work is busy for me with lots of  - we've spun out as our own company now, but we need systems and processes - how many projects can we do at once?  So, yeah that's busy.  My boss is gone and we're looking for a new VP, which is okay by me.  I'm busily doing database updates on our ancient SAP system, becoming a pro at that system, even advising our HRIS systems person, also busy creating an internal website (intranet) for the company with HR info - it's coming along nicely and I actually like this project since it's more media based...  I'm also trying to get training programs brought in to train our unskilled managers, but with our budget continually getting cut ($ to be used elsewhere) it isn't working too well.  Heck I may have to teach training, which is funny as I'm not licensed, although I'm sure I can get up and ramble and teach something the managers don't know.  Especially as the other day we had a manager ask some "no no" questions in an interview!  David is getting ready to quit work as his school load is becoming more and more crammed so he can finish at the U in time for dental school.  So I'll be the sole provider, yippee... :)

Other than school and work we're continually busy with visitors, family parties, planting a garden, cleaning...  And some summer wishful thinking includes mainly swimming and camping.  Wish we had a pool.  Oh, and boating, definitely boating right???!!!???

Yep, that will keep us busy for awhile.  Want to take a guess where we'll be moving to in about a year?  Here are the ones that I can think of: AZ, TX, CO, OR, CA, NE, OH, IN, Penn, MD, AL  ... Here we come... somewhere...

1 comment:

  1. TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    'nuff said.

    ReplyDelete