Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Future lessons to remember

I started creating this list in my head and decided it would be best to capture it somewhere else as my memory comes and goes :)  Being around all types of individuals I've watched and collected a lot of sound advise for myself.... at least I hope so!  Someday I may want to do or not do these things myself as a mom or wife or friend.  I've been adding to this list all 2011 but now that I'm writing it down I also remembered several other lessons from the last ten years or more
  • When staying-at-home I want to try and have one day a week be the "clean-up-the-house-laundry-etc" day.  Right now I just do it various times or Saturday's when David's studying, but when Saturday becomes the day David's home I hope it becomes more of a family day of activities for us.  And rather than doing house chores all week and never accomplishing anything (at least I feel like that sometimes), I can instead have Monday's to clean, get up early and work hard, and then the rest of the week can be focused on other projects.  I like the idea of this routine and having days of not cleaning.  I'm sure dishes and vacuuming may be more often but everyone can help out with that...
  • I always want to go to the temple with David every month, and also I want to go out on a date every month.  I don't think they should be the same activity always, cuz then that means I get 2 date nights!
  • Reading my cousin's blog, while pregnant she makes sure to attend the temple and noted that she loves knowing her little one is there with her - makes it even more special and to her it felt like they were there getting to experience the peace and happiness too.  I just love that idea!
  • Buying a house - remember to check out all the little nuances like where the outlets are, how doors swing open, get counters that we can see if they are clean.... maybe a way to know what to look for will be for me to visit other home owners and ask them for what drives them crazy in their house that they wish they knew to notice!  Although I may be too picky at this point and not even find a house that works... ha ha ha..
  • I'd love to create picture books for my children - one with each family member and also another as an alphabet book with fun pictures or toys they like with the alphabet - it may even be the same book all together.  I've seen this done with family and friends and it's just awesome!  The kids love it too
  • And another book for each child will hopefully be at least their first couple years book from blog posts or somehow gathering that information throughout the year and voila there's a book easily!  Yeah I'm sure it will take more time than that...
  • Someday cook a big thing of meat like turkey, ham, etc and freeze it for use as needed - first I'd need to find recipes for those meats as I don't seem to cook with that yet, but it seems like a great timesaver and even food storage!
  • Something funny, but I don't think I ever realized how much of a teacher a MOM really is!  I've always thought yeah I will care for the babies physical needs and then send them off to school someday.  HA HA (I'm sure those who are moms are busting up) I guess it just didn't click that it's my opportunity to also do so much else besides those basics of eating, potty training etc!  For example, if I want to help my children be smart right off the bat - I will need to help them learn different sounds, zoo animals, alphabet, how to write, and emotionally pray, read and know who Jesus is in pictures!  I guess I knew some of this but it hadn't really hit me till this year!  I know I'm silly...  But I'm excited to do this - lesson to remember - in all that I do with my future children, try to make it a learning activity.  Funny I always wondered what mom's did at home all day besides play legos/blocks....
  • In a work setting or really in any social setting too - if I need information from someone or want to talk with them - it's best to make an appointment or ask when a good time would be, etc.  Rather than just approaching them and assuming they don't have anything important going on.  (My CFO just set up an appt with me not too long ago to learn about Cobra process - I felt respected so much more than when my other finance friends come and interupt me all day at work!)  I should probably do this now rather than filing the advise away for sometime later....
  • As a mom, try not to say "No" too much to our children - this makes sense to me too as I've watched my sister-in-law and some other friends do this - while my future child may still learn the No word and say it to me, he won't hear it from me unless it's serious.  Hopefully that will make it important to them.
  • Learn how to use bleach... and also white vinegar and baking soda for cleaning - I know it works really well on clothes.
  • When I have a really big food storage, make sure to date everything so I know to use them before it's too old - with just 2 people this is a bit easier but I still forget how long some of our cans have been there....
Well, now I can't think of too much more - haha, I know there is, so I may make a second list later on.

1 comment:

  1. You should see the learning books Ronnie made for her kids, they are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete