Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Freezing Football

My dad and brother-in-law Justin flew into town for a quick trip to see the U of U vs. ASU football game on Oct 8th!  What a fun idea!!  So we joined them on their adventure.  They came a day early so we all could spend time together with grandma... somehow I missed those pictures though, sad.  We took grandma around the mall until she was "pooped" and wanted to go home, what a first!  I guess we wore her out.  We had dinner at Texas Roadhouse while watching the D-backs game on the screen.

We met up the next day and took the UTA Trax downtown to the Rice-Eccles Stadium.  It was my first time on the train as well as for our visitors!  Although, David takes it everyday.  It was a good idea so we didn't have to worry about the traffic (the ride back home was very scrunched but, it worked).
The game was FREEZING!!  So, the week before was like 80 degrees outside (I was in shorts) and now this week it hit down below freezing and highs of 40's in the daytime!  Weather is sketchy here but we were hoping the news was right (sunny) - which it wasn't.  I wasn't as prepared as I should be but it has been years since I was at a stadium.  It sprinkled on and off the whole game but we survived with hot dogs and hot chocolate!  We only had 2 official seats (and two standing) but we were lucky to have seats together most of the time.  I rooted for both teams, partial to the U for my hubby and to ASU for my childhood.  I think we all were just happy to be there.  ASU won and we quickly went back, grabbed grandma and headed out to dinner again.
It was a great weekend!  And very nice to have visitors come and spend time with us.  Let's do it again soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment