My Work Party:
Our work Halloween party was on Friday 11/28. It took lots of planning but it was the best one yet I thought. We did decorating of the cubes/offices for kids to trick or treat at, a Halloween costume contest and lots of candy for sure. David came and we both dressed up together (instead of me going along with the HR group, I just didn't feel like pretending to be buds I guess) and he and I went around and then finished my work for the day. It was exhausting though that's for sure!
Tanya my cube buddy (our paralegal) was the Mad Hatter Johnny Depp version!
This was our HR conference room trick or treat area...
And us... we're the Where's Waldo and Wenda pair!! Awe :)
And we found another one of us!
Carnival Downtown:
After my work party we headed downtown to visit Holly's school Halloween carnival. We run around with the kids and try to help out where she wants us. Then after we clean up and get to take home lots of candy. Ah. I was so exhausted from my work party though that I was barely there. It was fun seeing the little siblings though. Forgot the camera...
Our House Halloween Party:
After the carnival we came home and started getting ready for our Halloween party! This year we decided to host our own Halloween party! Actually our first party as "marrieds" so it was quite different from the normal roommate parties I had planned many of. David did the sugar cookies while I started the cake for cake eyeballs. We passed out for the night and then Saturday was the day of our home Halloween party. We took all Saturday to get ready too. I had planned lots of fun food and then also we would have games, music and a craft or so. Kinda funny cuz in my past life parties were all about meeting people, so instead we had all ages at our party and wanted to keep them busy :)
Isn't he just cute?!?!
Here's my eyeballs...
String Cheese and Green Pepper witch fingers...
Cakeballs with frosting and a chocolate chip - so fun, lots of work though
Mummy Hotdogs...
Mummy Pizzas made by Shayla - who totally helped out a bunch, yay!
Apple slice monsters with slivered almonds as teeth and then marshmallows for the eyes
The rootbeer brewing...
The craft - wood coffins to be painted and decorated
And sugar cookie decorating too!
Marlena & Tyrone and their cute new son!
Megan & Jon & cute Elliot!
Us & Shayla - she has the best costumes!
Our nephew Super Sam, awe...
More pics..
Awe...the nerds...
Jon, Melissa & Tiffany!
Our home decorations, at least the ones we did take pictures of...
Actual Halloween Trick or Treating:
Then finally came real Halloween! I was pretty exhausted from Halloween at this point. But also very excited to take the siblings around their home. So David & I took them all around and then had dinner at the Clark's. It was nice weather so that was just perfect.
Halloween this year was perfect! We were able to check off most all of what we wanted to do and fit in lots of family and friends time too. It will be nice to have a real home someday and have real parties where we can invite more and then decorate all around our home inside and out... we're excited even though it could be years down the road.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
No comments:
Post a Comment