Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Ramblings


I can’t believe we are more than ½ way through the year!  Time just goes faster and faster, when will it ever slow down?!?  Maybe when we’re in our 70’s?  Probably not.

Life’s been too busy to blog, but I’ve missed it and it’s on my to do list, so hopefully I can share more about all that we’ve done so far this year.  On my list to write is: the crazy workdays, gardening, family visiting for weddings, home remodeling, lagoon, crafts, etc.

So here it is July and we are doing well as the little Clark family.  We’re both going to the gym together on the weeknights that are free.  And then during the weekends we pile on the ice cream.  Really, that is one of our favorite desserts J.  While David is done with school, he’s not done studying for the DAT, so he had a week or two of freedom and he’s back to the books.  He will be taking the test on July 19 (and the Dark Knight Rises comes out after at midnight, and he’ll be seeing that with the boys too).  He also has church (EQ Pres) responsibilities and so meetings, sports nights, and other stuff to keep them busy this summer.  Our ward is a whole other topic, and I shouldn’t get into my feelings on that, but David is doing well with his calling and I’m still chugging along in primary.

Besides that Utah has been warm this summer already.  We finally went swimming and got a nice little tan (okay, burn…) and the really the whole state has had lots of fires so that’s been stranger than usual.  Sadly, we haven’t had a lot of time to really just enjoy this summer.  I think we really thought we’d have lots of free time, evenings, no school or work, and just the dream life.  It’s sad, but I think after July 19 we’ll have more time to just, be.

After the DAT we need to remember to slow down and enjoy our time more.  It seems like today’s life is really about “how much can you fit into a day, how much can you take on, what else can you add, just squeeze this in, or even, lets learn and do this from scratch”.  I totally do this, and I think a lot of the world does this today and it just gets worse and worse, as we get further along.   I just wonder if later on I will be happy or feel like I missed out on the better of life rather than just doing the busy part of life.

Anyway I could ramble on and on but instead I'll just leave it at that and maybe I'll get some more blog posts done this week right?! Yay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment