Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thankful

This past week I've been able to reflect on my many blessings and listen to some from David too.  We are very thankful :)

Work - For me, while work can be rough sometimes, I'm happy to have a job.  Unemployment is high, and David has been looking for a job since August and we haven't seen any success yet.  So it is very fortunate that I have what I have.  When the days are tough, it's easy to remind me of that.

David's health - So, David's knee bursitis threw our lives for a little curve ball.  He especially is so thankful that he is now at 96% back to normal!!  It's taken therapy 2-3 times a week for the last two months plus all his extra exercises and lack of sleep...  I know David is just happy that he can bend his knee, 3 weeks on our couch really was hard for us both.  The bursitis was sucky but reminded us of some of the most precious blessings that most all of us probably overlook sometimes.  With the bursitis, David has had to postpone several dental interviews :(.  This also sucked.  But we're trying to just hope there was a reason and that the interviews in the next couple months will still be very good.  One side note, he was supposed to go to NYC for an interview at end of October but if y'all remember, the big Sandy storm hit that same weekend and we realized he may have been stuck there or his interview may have been cancelled either way!  I'm glad he didn't get stuck there, for my selfish reasons I guess.  And another trial that turned into a blessing was really that David didn't have a job through all of this - so he could stay home and heal quicker and not have to maybe quit or something.

Okay so both of those: Bursitis = no NYC interview = better since Sandy hit during that same time; and then: No job = David could stay home and heal from Bursitis, okay and totally help me at home, I'm spoiled.  What I was trying to say - is that both of these have been trials, but in the end, turned out okay.  Well, I hope that works with all our trials, good to hope and think.

Our home - We have been blessed to be here in SLC and staying in a family owned home, allowing us to not go into too much debt before dental school.  While it may be harder in some ways to live here, I still am very grateful to have a place to relax when I'm home, a place to cook and fill up with all of our many belongings and memories.

The Gospel - This one almost missed the list, on accident, but we keep it high in our list.  Its great to have so many temples nearby, our temple is now closed for a month, but we'll be visiting some neighboring ones instead.  I'd say prayer has gotta be at the top of this one, as we're praying for lots over here lately.

Our friends & family - Of course, this one is a given, but we are thankful for all the love and support from those close and far.  It makes my day to know those who think of, care and pray for us.  There are just some who show it so well and reminds us to continue doing this ourselves.

Each other - Okay so when we asked each other what we were thankful for, this was #1 on both of our lists.  Honestly, having each other to be with, that's all I need.  Sometimes that gets clouded up by all the decisions we continue making (or hope to make someday) but it doesn't get too far down there.  We're happily married and even if we didn't have any of the above, we could survive :)

And the list goes on... but we'll just leave it at that for now.

* Side note, I don't have any photo memory like the rest of you!  Argh!  Purchase or no?? *

1 comment: