Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Other Happenings

So here are some other happenings from our not so busy life as of now.  (I'm reading over this post again since I started it like a month ago and I just thought - not busy? Who am I kidding?  More posts to come on other events soon, but obviously we will be more busy soon enough.)  Gotta get in all the date nights we can before the big events come - dental school will rule David's life and our life, and our soon to be little boy will be top priority....  Will be fun, but definitely trying to treasure the moments we have left of just us.

Cooking/Dehydrating
We've been purchasing a lot of Bountiful Baskets (mix of fruit and veggies in season each Saturday) to keep me healthy and let our little boy taste all sorts of good things - so instead of wasting some of our food - we've made sure to dehydrate or freeze for smoothies even.  We've tried bananas (David liked more than me) and apples (both liked) and then of course we've done beef jerky a few times to keep my protein higher (the best!).

Mummies of the World
So we went to the Leonardo Museum in May to catch the Mummies Exhibit from around the world one Monday that I took off of work.  David was most excited for this, I'd have to say, since I guess I felt like, you've seen one, you've seen them all, ya know?  But he's a science guy and actually we learned a few things together as we walked around - even about a book that mummies would bury with them to have the instructions needed to get to heaven - seemed similar to how the temple prepares us for that - fun spiritual comparisons.  Many mummies were in caskets and such but there were some that were created naturally and were frozen in like a sitting space with their hair and such.  And seeing the little kids, or especially the embryos (couldn't look) was a little sad.  After an hour, my body was tired and luckily we were about through the whole thing.  Being pregnant and having to 1) walk to the museum from several blocks and also wait for the trax train a few times, took about 1 hour, and then 2) walking around the museum slowly and 3) walking back to the car - - - I was tired and ready to just sit.  My stomach had a few shakes in them while we walked, I wasn't sure if maybe they were like fake contractions from all the walking, but it was a little odd but I was fine.  Sadly we didn't just rest when we got home but we did groceries and then went to have dinner with Sarah and Megan my old roomies since Sarah's last day in town was that day.

Bountiful Baskets & Fruit!!
Okay I already mentioned the Bountiful Baskets thing, but here was a picture of one of our recent baskets - we got some crazy stuff!  Like these things called fava beans - tasted like peas in a pod kind of, but they are huge and I wasn't a big fan.  We also got corn to make corn soup - finally as I've been craving that all year!  And sweet potatoes, while we've had, we hadn't cooked before so we tried French fries and they were okay until they cooled down and got mushy again, so probably not a favorite of ours.  Artichokes were really good though, we'll hope for more of those since we ate them so fast!  But the smoothies and fruit salads and the extra fruit and veggies has been fun :)

Nails
I painted my nails for the last time during pregnancy in May.  But back in March/April I used the blue that David gave me (see pic below).  And then in June I got my nails done with Mom and Steph and think I may need to get that done once more, or David will get to learn :)
(June bright ones, thanks mom!)

Cooking at Sur la Table
We were lucky to get spoiled and go to a cooking class again this year at Sur la Table.  The food was good, but I have to say, last year's was better.  But we did learn how to do crème brulee and that was a treat for sure.  I got tired of standing after 3 hours and we cooked with an odd couple at our station, but other than that, it was great.  Good to learn new techniques even if we don't remember them for too long... haha.  The only other down side is that I put WAY too much food in my body during that short amount of time and because of it, it came all right back up later that night and I stayed sick the rest of the night.  (I know TMI but had to document since this was actually the first time I did this while prego and need to remember not to pack it in too much for the rest of this pregnancy)... Look at David, how cute, he was grilling the meat during the below pic :)

Movie Theaters
We've been to the movies recently to see Iron Man 3 and Superman, both that David was pretty excited about.  And actually me too :).  No pictures of these events, but just a description.  a) the movies were good or great, but, b) being 6 or 7 1/2 months pregnant sitting in a theatre is a killer!  This little guy inside of me squirms and squirms when I'm sitting and my whole rib/back aches a ton.  And it didn't help that in both movies, the seats we sat in didn't recline!?  Seriously in a $8-$10 movie theatre we happened to get the ones that didn't rock at all :(...  Well, I survived, but barely, and have learned not to sit through these anymore till after August, guess we'll need a babysitter.  But David loved them, and I'm sure our little guy will like to go to movies with him someday, but for now they are too long and too loud for him, so I hear him loud and clear now, no more theatre movies, long drives or anything till he's here :)

I'm sure there has been a lot else going on over the last 2-3 months... and for now, they have slipped my mind.  So here's to at least getting these ones down!  Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment