Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Lately

Currently we live a rather hum-drum life with school and baby and lots of home time for Mom and Tyson.  Is it bad to say we have just barely recovered from the holidays?  Travels, sickos, crazy 2 jobs and finals and shopping... makes me tired just writing it down again.

I'd say we've taken it slow, but no we still pack it in.  To make note:

Andrea work-from-home
Remember how I get to be a Mom at home?  Well, crazy thing is I am now also working-from-home about 20-30 hours a week.  The job literally fell in my lap in December and I couldn't turn it down since for the next 3.5 years we won't have income from D.  It felt like a blessing from heaven even though secretly I'd have hoped not to work for awhile or until we were down to almost $0 in our savings.  But we're being looked after and hopefully this will prevent us getting to $0 during dental school.  Times like these the little blessings are so big.  And me, Mom, is trying to balance time with Tyson and her computer, and so far I'm doing okay.   The mobile Tyson will be a challenge but I guess parenting always brings new challenges to the same-ol stuff.

Winter
So besides David, sometimes Tyson and Andrea don't get out much.  At. All.  For maybe 2 weeks.  And I have to say, I'm just fine with it :)  When the sky is filled with inversion crap, snow is on the ground, and it's bitter cold --- we are enjoying our 71 degree house.  I kind of feel spoiled.  Poor David has to get out in it, but he like cold more than hot so I don't feel too bad.

Our wager
D and I had a bet going.  David, the tooth expert these days, said most kids don't get teeth till soon after 6 months.  Well, I just wanted to put a little something out there because he can't always be right about this stuff right?  And my motherly instincts said Tyson could be advanced... haha  So, if Tyson had any teeth by his 6 month mark, I got a --- one hour massage!! --- well, Ty was so close, but no teeth.  They are coming here soon, but David won.  And hey, I am happy to give him that rub.  All that school, he deserves it.

Plant-based Diet
David was on a "vegan" diet for the first 2 weeks in February for a class at school.  All of January he was dreading it and I was trying to figure out dinner meals that we could make.  No dairy, no meat, no sweets.  I am SO NOT a vegan girl.  And I really wanted to try and do part of it with him, at least the no sweets.  And no diary/meat at dinner so we could all eat together.
I lasted not even 24 hours!
My sweets called for me and I ate ice cream almost daily during those 2 weeks.  Not having meat at dinner really just didn't fill me, or him up.  We've had second and third dinners a lot :)  David said he's been reminded the importance of fruits and veggies and less sweet.  But we are not a no dairy or meat type of family and the rest of February, bring on the meat and cheese!

Date Night
David planned a surprise date night and Shayla watched Tyson and he and I went to the temple.  So good of him to get me there since I've been worried to leave Ty, but we did it.  We also have a spiritual chart that we get to mark off when we've read scriptures, had FHE or been to the temple and so far we are marking it off every time!  I'm hoping at the end of the year to say we made it (thanks to a cousin for inspiring me on her daily reading - thanks Brooke!)

Temple Prep
I'm the temple prep teacher at my ward, held every week during the 2nd hour.  Well, we weren't getting anyone there but we have a new little family that have just come back to the church and now have a goal to be in the temple by April!  It is such a fun class, besides that they might be one of the few new friends we have, they are just very new and excited and it brings memories and feelings of what the gospel does for us that I hadn't thought about in awhile.  They have a baby same age as Tyson too!

To Do's
My to do list for house stuff or me stuff gets longer and longer, but I am crossing a few things off as well.  Our 2013 family pictures are hung, Tyson has a few more things on his walls, PJ's mended, and a few other things here and there.  I really wish to do lists ended, but they just won't.

Dental stuff
David has been doing great in school and has a really full schedule.  His semester is being broken up into two with 41 total credit hours from now till May.  This semester is all about dental stuff so he's enjoying that part - making molds, drilling and filling on practice teeth, and even teeth cleanings and learning shots here at the end of the semester.

Can't think of much else.  There's always more, but that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment