Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Monday, January 5, 2015

Crafts Lately

Not sure how this craft bug got to me over the last year, but it has got me good!  If I'm not thinking of one craft I'm starting another... yikes!  Gotta get it under control for 2015.  Crafting is expensive!  And here's what I've done over the last few months, not even over the last year, or years... wowza.


Wreaths
I made 6 wreaths since September.  5 were gifts.  3 of them were an upgraded rag wreath and the others were floral or fabric.  They were really fun to shop for and do, and then I almost didn't want to give them away!!  Someday I'll have enough room for a whole bunch more wreaths at my house, right?!








Video for G. Clark
Not sure this is really considered a "craft" but its definitely creative so hey.  After scanning in a few hundred pictures of G. Clark's life, I put them with a bunch of more recent pictures to a picture video.  Yes it happened to be about 20 min long with 5-6 songs, but he had a lot of great things in his life and it was a pleasure to do.  And took a lot of learning since I'm not a full expert with Final Cut, but getting better each time.

Tyson Busy Board
I had been wanting to make Tyson a board with a bunch of switches and such for months!  He was getting almost too old I thought, and his love for light switches would end right?  Not yet.  And I had not imagined ever having such a big board, but it has been great to learn how to use a drill and bits and all the gadgets that go along with hooking stuff to a board.  First time buying and cutting PVC pipe too!  Okay, really a first time for all of it.  And now after so much worry and hesitation, I'd definitely make another - but dang it's expensive.  If anyone wants to hire me or call to learn from my mistakes feel free ;)




Church Books from Photoshop
This is a pinterest grab, but there was a free template to some LDS photo size templates for kids to understand some basics like prophets, temples, church, prayer, Christ, etc.  I downloaded the templates and then had to add pictures via photoshop.  Then printed them to photos and put into one of those cheap photo holders.  There are 4 more templates about items such as Christ's life, the Book of Mormon, etc.  I'm excited to get to work on these and have some help from other moms wanting them as well.  (Link to Templates:   XXX)


No comments:

Post a Comment