Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Provo City Temple Tour

Tyson's first temple visit - Feb 10

I've been the Secretary for YW's since last October... may not have mentioned that here.  It takes me out on Wednesday nights and a few other times as needed.  It's nice to have fun with the youth and try to be an example for them, but I'm guessing mostly us leaders just are silly oldies.  It's also nice to have a few friends as leaders in there too - a nice time to chat about mom issues and such ;) haha.

We got tickets to go with the youth of the ward to the new temple opening in Provo Utah - the Provo City Temple that was built to replace the Provo Tabernacle that burned down in a big fire a few years ago.  It was early afternoon before David got home, and most of the leaders worked... so Tyson and I got to cart a few youth down to Provo.

First temple walkthrough for Tyson - yay!  I taught him a week or two ahead, or tried, so he knew what he'd be seeing.  But as we walked through I kept telling him everything and lugged him up and down all the many stairs in that temple (like 4 floors or more!).  It was beautiful and lots of pretty wood work.  Tyson liked the baptismal font and the oxen below.  And he'd point out pictures of Jesus and then also other random stuff like vents and hallways and such.  It may have been a little long for him, but he did well.

Loved taking him there, wished David could have joined us or gone another day!  But next time.  It's very nice to be in Utah where we can get a chance to walk through a few new temples every once in awhile.  The drive up and back went well, quiet with the girls and Tyson being shy - I tried to keep us all entertained with kids music hahah!  Here are a few pictures of the afternoon.






No comments:

Post a Comment