Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Monday, January 26, 2009

"Andie"

So, maybe you wonder - why did Andrea name her blog Andie?  First of all - for all those stalkers - and secondly - I donno.  Obviously we know why it says "Crazy".  But, I might as well tell you all, I've always wanted to be called "Andie".  Yep.  But, really, more like a nick name from a best friend, and my future husband.  I just love it!  I already mentioned "How to Lose A Guy" and she's named that there too and it just fit her crazy personality.  And that's me.  I'm kinda crazy.  But only those close to me would know that huh? 
Well, my roommates and a few people in my last ward started calling me "Andie" for some reason.  My roommate Court was like - maybe he's the one??  HAHA.  Yeah, no.  But, when I moved to Murray my first week I thought - wouldn't it be great to change my name?  And why not? I don't know anyone here.  So - I did!!  Yeah, what??  Not like I really respond to it even yet. But everything went smooth the first Sunday.  The next week I went to church again and I automatically was saying "Andrea" until one person said - I thought it was Andie!  Oh yeah!  WhOOoops!  Hahah...Guess I had already forgot.  So, I explained that it's both.  Then I proceeded to introduce myself as Andie from then on again.  It hasn't been too confusing - only that at work I go by Andrea still, but in my ward I'm getting used to Andie a bit.
Sadly though...I miss "ANDREA".  Yep.  I'm that usual fickle girl huh? I like Andie - but I realized that I like it as a "Andie - you are like my favorite crazy girl ever...etc" But here I am getting all these random people I don't know calling me it.  Oh well.  I will learn.  I don't know if I can switch back now.
What's even more funny - - - so, I realized that there's one girl from my home ward in this new ward...and we've hung out a couple times.  And I go by Andrea with her, cuz that's normal for her.  She didn't know.  Then yesterday at Ward Prayer she heard people say "Andie" and I introduced myself as that and she goes... "What??" All blonde like.  (she is...) I about laughed so hard - but seeing her confusion I had to straighten her out...and so she's in on it now.  HAHAH.
That will make me smile for a few days - remembering her surprise - I think she must have thought she was calling me the wrong name and didn't know it.  HAHA.
Anyway - just call me Andrea.  I love it.  Someday maybe Andie will come naturally and I won't have to fake it.

2 comments:

  1. Andie is cute. That's a funny story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andie! I love your blog. That picture is so cute of you. I love all those movies and music. Although I haven't heard of matt nathenson. have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete