We met up with Eric, Celeste, and Jill from our ward. They were camping the night before and had the boat all ready to go when we got there. We were getting an early start because this was our Ward Activity for the day. Sadly, it was
We finally got out at like 9 to go pick them up and take a few out on the boat. I laid on the grass and tried to sleep and eat a bit. I was exhausted already. But, as soon as I saw 2 Jet Skis dock at the beach, I grabbed Nancy and we took a nice ride out to the end of the lake and back. I think that could have been my first time driving a Jet Ski. And it was AWESOME!! The steering wheel is so sensitive I had a hard time getting used to it, and I think I was a bit too cautious because I
didn't want to get thrown in and wet...seeing that I would have frozen afterwards. But, it was fun, and I will do it again for sure!
Next up: Boating with Brother Linton... I got off the Jet Skis and didn't waste more than 5 minutes before I heard that Brother Linton was
ready to take another crew on his boat. Well, I was excited. Comes to find out his boat is like one of the BEST EVER. His boat is the one to the left under my sleeping pic. Like 400 something horsepower something... I have no idea. But you could just see how much he loved that boat. And I do too now! It was so fast. Yesterday at church he thanked me for my screams. He said I was the crew's motivational person?!? Yeah, I just like to scream. And cheer for people. And scream when we're going fast, or when I'm slightly scared... It adds fun. He said he always knew when to turn around because it meant that the person on the rope was doing something awesome. Go me. 
Even though everyone was pretty awesome compared to my not-so-experienced-or-daring-self... I still wake boarded. And if I go a few more times this year I think I'll get the hang of it again. I got up every time, but once my feet popped out of the wake board, I gave up. I was pretty tuckered out already from no sleep and no food. Yeah, I didn't realize I hadn't real food all morning till about 3 PM, besides a roll and a cookie. Whoops. I was too distracted by the water toys!
Even though everyone was pretty awesome compared to my not-so-experienced-or-daring-self... I still wake boarded. And if I go a few more times this year I think I'll get the hang of it again. I got up every time, but once my feet popped out of the wake board, I gave up. I was pretty tuckered out already from no sleep and no food. Yeah, I didn't realize I hadn't real food all morning till about 3 PM, besides a roll and a cookie. Whoops. I was too distracted by the water toys!
One handed baby! Even if it was only for 15 seconds.. ah hahh...
After about 6 of us wake boarded, they busted out the tubes. I was too cautious on this one since last year I almost lost my eye when two tubes are hooked on the back. It's dangerous... So, here's David tearing it up. He looks a bit tired huh? And that was before the tubing. They all hung on pretty well while Bro. Linton tried to get them off. It was funny. David and I were thoroughly worn out. We laid on the beach afterwards and tried to rest before the drive home. We were almost the last people there and helped clean up and put the Jet Skis away.

It was like the best day ever this summer so far. But I'm hoping there will be more like this still!! We have a stake Bear Lake trip this week... but I haven't found people who want to go yet. But I sure as heck do. 700 YSA's, free food and
boating... Yeah... People are crazy if they don't go.
This is Katie Squires and me. She's a sweet girl in the ward and new in our RS Presidency. And my crazy after-the-water hair. I was calling it my beach boys do. Cute huh?
So...I know you were calling it 'boating' just for my amusement right??? Seriously it needs to stop! haha
ReplyDeleteAnyway, WAY AWESOME, lake trips are the
best. Thing. Ever.
I went on sat too, it was so fun! I can't wait till you and I are in AZ together and we get to go to the LAKE togther! It's gonne be fun, and I am going to teach you how to do a backroll...just wait girlfriend, you are going to be way better when you get back to Utah!!!
Love you
Looks like a lot of fun. I prefer knee boarding myself...a lot less wipe-outage.
ReplyDelete