Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkins

Ever since it turned "chilly"... I started saying that I wanted to go pick pumpkins!! So, it happened, yay!! David and I went with his family to pick out some good looking pumpkins in a muddy field. I still need to clean my shoes a bit from that...here's us with the pumpkins and a few of David's siblings. He's second of 9 kids...wow! They are all so cute.




After the picking, we then carved them later that weekend before Halloween. Everyone had a pumpkin, and even David's 6 year old brother had a knife and was doing some carving. Okay, so when I first get the top off my pumpkin, I hesitate a bit. I'm kind of an OCD person and the thought of sticking my hand into the seeds and goop looks a bit atrocious. BUT, I brave it and stick my hands in there...and realize - I sort of like this goopy stuff!!! What???!!??!! Yeah, I know. After running my hands around and grabbing the slime and seeds that I can, I then grab a spoon. The OCD kicks in and I'm back in the pumpkin slimy hands and all - deciding that I can probably get all the slime out of my pumpkin so that he's just as squeaky clean on the inside as the outside. I think I had pretty good success this year. So - that's my FAVORITE part of pumpkin carving - at least this is what I decided this year. After that was done - I realized I didn't have a design for my pumpkin face. I tend to do the normal pumpkin face, someday maybe I'll be more creative, but I'd rather take other's ideas and carve something cool. Not sure why, but my creativity side doesn't come out during the carving I guess. Oh well. This year I was surrounded by LOTS of cool carved pumpkins, or carvers...and I was stumped. Luckily - I had David next to me, and he gave me my idea. He's got some good creativity. I mean, you'll have to see his pumpkin - below. Mine was 3 circles, and it was great. His was like a work of art, but he was quick about it. Wow huh?!

BOO!!!

1 comment:

  1. What fun. David is so cute in the pics with his little siblings. You guys make an adorable couple! Glad you had a good Halloween!

    ReplyDelete