Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My Best Friend

I just had the BEST weekend ever. REALLY!!! One of those moments every person waits for and dreams of.... Yep....
I'M ENGAGED!!!!! To David Clark!!!
...
We're engaged!!! Aren't we cute??? I haven't stopped smiling since Friday Nov 20th - when it all went down. .I'm so happy and in love. My life is taking a big turn soon and I'm just thrilled. I'm getting married to my best friend and best person in the world. I'm so lucky to have David in my life.
So, here's the brief story. Maybe it won't be so brief... we'll see. David & I met in our singles ward back at the beginning of 2009. We were friends and that was it as we continued on our seperate paths and dating others etc. David always likes to tell me how he was interested in getting to know me but had to wait till I was available - and it did finally happen on August 1st. Our first date was up in SLC by the Capital above a park called Memory Grove. That first date we had Jamba and walked through the park and chatted until we got above the park and watched the sunset over the Salt Lake Valley. That spot became "our spot". Over the next 3 months we've spent EVERY day together. I've been on cloud 9 and still am. Last week we went to AZ so David could meet my family and had a great time. I had thought the ring might have already been picked out and ready... but Wednesday last week David totally threw me off by saying we should go ring shopping sometime around Thanksgiving. I have been so excited to be engaged but figured I had a bit more waiting to do...patience Andrea right?? Well, he was just getting me off his track and also made up another story about going on a double with some friends in SLC. So we were supposidly waiting for his friend to get off work and we "happened" to drive through the area where our spot is. David casually said - yeah, lets get out and go visit our park... (I was starting to maybe suspect something but still not getting my hopes up)... We chatted a little bit and David mentioned some good memories we've had, etc... And then all the sudden he got on one knee!!!! What??? Yeah, I was in - shock mode - so as he was down there I said (in somewhat of a shocked or threatening tone) David! What are you doing???!!! He then proposed... (I just couldn't believe that the event I had dreamed of was happening right then) And I said YES!!! We took a few pics and watched the beautiful red orange sunset. Then we didn't go on the fake double date - and instead we visited family, called family, and just spent time together till we were exhausted.

Here are some responses from our announcement:

- My grandma Ginny - "We'll it's about time! We were all hoping. Now your Dad doesn't have to worry about you. We like him!"
- Grandpa Clark - "Oh great! So you finally decided huh David? That's wonderful"
(I guess our grandparents thought 3 months was too long of a wait?? :) )
- Autumn Clark (6 yr old sibling) - Wow, so what am I going to be?? (She's hoping a flower girl)
- Megan Davis (previous roommate) - She let out a blood curdling scream in the chapel about 5 min before church was starting. It scared me!!
- My mom - "Oh my gosh!! Even though I already knew... I think I'm going to cry..."
- My dad - "So, where did the momentous occation take place??"
- David's dad - "Are you sure you want to be apart of this (looking at all 9 kids running a muck)??"
- Diane & Bri - "Congratulations" - in a sing song voice...
- Eric - "Cool. ...Well, dad called and asked if I talked to you yet, so I figured..."

And I'm sure I'm missing some, but anyway... most everyone said Congrats and then begins the 100 questions - when? where? how? dresses? honeymoon? reception? food? etc etc... But we hadn't figured out details yet. All we knew was that someday soon - We're getting married!!! Yep. We're nailing some details down. So far...we've got:

Marriage Date: Friday February 12; 1:00PM; SLC Temple
Reception that night to follow somewhere
And a reception in AZ on March 20th....

Yay for us!!! Still can't stop smiling, or really focusing, or anything really. But who cares right? Once in a lifetime experience. And a forever lifetime experience together as David & Andrea Clark. I can't wait....

8 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! David is so cute, I was rooting for him! I'm so excited for you guys. Now will you take a trip to Cali one of these days? now you have a permanent road trip partner. We are so excited for you both. Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, and our anniversary is the 18th so that is a good week. Beautiful ring! Bling bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're engaged?!?!?! CONGRATS!!!!!! Nobody tells me anything. ;) Love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Congratulations. What a romantic engagement story! I love how you documented people's reactions. I am so happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoo! i'm so excited for you girl! congratulations on the best news ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great talking to you the other day! Such a cute engagement story. You're ring is gorgeous and I love how "Andrea Clark" sounds. You and David make the cutest couple. I'm so excited for you!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete