Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Monday, July 26, 2010

Twenty Six

I'm 26 years old now!!!

(not sure why exclamations since it does mean I'm getting older)

Yep, 26! And first birthday as a wife! So, that was extra special and fun. I woke up to David with french toast in bed. Yum! And I totally spilled syrup on our sheets, oh well. :) Then I headed to work where I had my desk decorated and a lunch out to Mimi's Cafe. I knew David was planning something that night, but we kept it a surprise... so I think I was extra excited all night. I got home and we headed on a drive to who knows where :) David took me to RUBY'S DINER in the Immigration Canyon by the U of U. Really, it's a few miles into the canyon off the side of the highway - so pretty, green, sunny, and in the mountains. It's been around since like 1928 or something like that. Thursday nights were the BBQ nights - we ordered ribs, chicken and pork on the patio behind the diner and listened to the 2 guitarists playing for the evening.

It was a very special time going together and making more fun memories! Next up David took me home and pulled out my laptop to show me my other possible presents. He's so sweet - he's been researching a few things that I've been wanting/needing and wanted to get my opinion before he bought them. First were slippers - lots of cute slippers, some with Yoshi's head, but I just told him to pick. Second I've been looking for these certain shoes that I have since they are falling apart - and David looked all over for them and had a bunch of options to choose between. Isn't he so cute? He said present #3 wasn't ready yet, but soon. And for present 4 David took me to one of our favorite dating parks in Midvale. He pulled out a laptop and a movie he bought for me - one I've been asking to rent for months - All About Steve with Sandra Bullock. We watched that together outside and laughed a ton.

What a great day! I got a lot of texts from friends & family which was fun to get. And a few cards arrived from those people too...so celebrations lasted all weekend. We went camping - more to come on that one - and then Sunday David's family had a party for me. It was really sweet because they asked for my favorite meal (I picked Hawaiian haystacks), cake (Funfetti) and jello flavors even - all the kids do this every birthday - so it was very special for me.

Happy Birthday to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment