Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Sunday, August 25, 2013

3rd Trimester Update

(written end of July 2013)

The 3rd trimester hasn't been that bad!  Just the last few weeks are the most uncomfy, but other than that I can't complain too much.  David is still spoiling me too and especially as I get less mobile and more tired he continues to cook, clean, and everything really.

  • I've enjoyed really feeling our baby boy move a ton and a ton.  He's not shy around me, but is a bit more when I want to show him off, of course!  I haven't had to count kicks or anything because I definitely know he's moving all day.  And he really hasn't "kicked" as much as rolled or shifted from one side to the other lately.
  • I got my glucose test and Tdap shot - oh the joys!
  • We MOVED!  (More on that, later)  Pregnant and all I did a lot of lighter items and packing, but even a week later my belly seemed to pop out much more, limiting me much more.
  • My belly button is now an out-y.
  • We took a birthing class (already posted about this one).
  • It's WAY hot here in Utah this year, record hot, and of course I have an extra oven in me all the time!
  • Our AC unit died.
  • We decided on a pediatrician.
  • We took maternity pictures at week 37, a little late, we know, but it happened at least :)
  • Midwife visits sped up a TON.  We visited every 2 weeks from week 28 - 36, and then every week for the last 4.  They get shorter and shorter because it's just a waiting game now.
  • Baby showers!!  (more on that in another post)
  • Both of my parents visited during this trimester, and attended a shower.
  • We got the baby room all together mostly, finally!  As well as put together lots of gadgets or necessities like the car seat/stroller and rocking chair... and everything really.
  • Had a little scare of "contractions" almost at week 37, July 11, which got me dilated to 1.5 and 70% effaced.
  • We still don't have a name although we constantly get asked this.  We are waiting to meet the little guy and hope his name is on our "short list" (which has like 20+ names).

The last 4 weeks of pregnancy have brought on:
Swelling in the legs
Kidney pain
First contractions - thanks to watching a Brian Regan clip
Uncomfortableness near the end, just getting so big, waddling, and hot
High Blood Pressure = Labor & Delivery monitoring, but keep getting discharged :(

Here are the last of the weekly pictures!


 And there should be a week 40 and HERE WE GO picture... but the actual "going into labor" thing was a bit different than imagined so we didn't get to take those last pics.  More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment