Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Baby Showers

I have some great family and friends!  I had several baby showers over the last couple months, spoiling our little guy already before he's even here!  But we definitely are appreciating the help as we figure out this road to parenthood :)

First, my two friends Megan & Courtney threw me a "friend" shower Thursday May 30.  They were concerned that it wouldn't be decked out enough since I guess one of my favorite parts of parties is decorating, but they did great!  And besides the backyard party atmosphere, it was just a very nice close friend party - so fun to catch up with some great friends from my past.  My mom also came in town for the party so she was able to come with and see my old roomies/mission friends too.  There was Megan, Court, Marlena, Honivah/Raf, Emily, Beckie, mom & I.


Next, Steph threw a family BBQ also baby shower on Saturday June 8.  It was a little hot outside already, but the food was great (loving hamburgers during pregnancy) and it was great to see the family and a few extended family members as well.  Mom was still in town so she was able to see them as well.  Besides the Evans/Speirs crew, Margaret and her sister Geraldine came with a couple of their girls (driving them), and as well as Ben & Pam Tanner (from our singles ward and related to my Aunt Nancy).  It was great to see them and Evans cousins as well.  We did a non girl shower, so David came as well as spouses and Jeff, Andy, Tony and Sean could be there too.  I asked David for some pictures during the event, but when I got my phone back, it had a bunch of just me opening presents!  Not at all what I wanted, seeing me prego over and over haha, but he tried :)



My mother-in-law threw me a party on Saturday June 29.  While it was a girl party, David still came since he would know the group, as well as my Dad & Diane came in town too!  So it was mostly the Clark family, ladies from our ward, and some cousins on my Dad's side.  It was an open house so a half hour passed by but no one had come yet, uh oh.  But there was a big group soon after and then a second wave near the end of the party - so it went an extra hour over.  I opened presents with David a few times with each group - always fun to see the tiny clothes or other good ideas that we'll be able to use.  Before the shower I went with Dad & Diane to get the present they got for our boy, a swing.  Dad said that was what he had got me and he wanted to get that for mine too.  Swings are SO different now, but that's another story - but now we have a swing, all high tech too, and hopefully he likes it :)  The shower was really nice and we were spoiled by a lot of good family and ward friends.


So a couple weeks ago we were home on a Friday night (July 12) and I went downstairs to check on David and he showed me his computer and BAM... there were 5 familiar faces staring back at me on a Google+ video chat!!!  I was being thrown a surprise friend shower!!!  It was seriously so sweet.  My sis-in-law had always said she would throw me a shower, but she moved to Texas, and besides being sad to not have her so close all the time, to be honest, I was sad she wouldn't be able to do a baby shower someday.  But she had the coolest idea to do a digital shower with some of my friends that aren't so close by.  Seriously, this was the nicest thing and just so awesome.  Near the beginning of the pregnancy when I had to figure out baby showers and who to invite to which, since a few people wanted to throw one... I just kept thinking, it's too bad some of my good friends live so far away!  Well Annie rocked, and so did her hubby and David for figuring out how to do it.  And then Lexie got some high school/AZ friends together and either gathered advise or invited them to the digital shower!  So we were all sitting at home, but in front of the camera chatting for a couple hours - catching up and hearing all about their lives and then advise for me as a new mom - all of them have 2+ kids so I have some catching up to do...  It was SUCH a surprise, I really was confused for several minutes when David first showed me the video, I wasn't sure how Annie and then HS friends could all be showing up on my screen - was it for real?  Haha, now I laugh, but if you were here you would have been shocked too, okay?  And they even sent presents (which David sneakily picked up from where they were sent) and I loved hearing all of their advise and such too.  Thanks everyone who planned and took the time to come "digitally" - seriously the coolest thing!  Below is a view of the screened event. :)


And lastly, my work threw me a shower a week before the due date!  At one point, I didn't think I'd make it, but did :).  They did a potluck lunch and presents, very nice of them.  A couple prior HR employees were going to come but couldn't so they dropped off presents before or after - so nice too.  I didn't get pics, but it was a nice thing for work to do.  I got a bathtub finally, target cards, and more cute clothes and rushed out afterwards to hit one of our last dr. appointments hopefully!

Thanks everyone who threw, came or participated in one of our showers, we feel very blessed and I'm sure our little guy will feel it soon too when he gets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment