Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Monday, October 21, 2013

Dental School Beginnings

David is in Dental School!  We are going to have a dentist in our home someday!!  I'm just so proud already and we are nowhere near done...  Not at all.  Yes, I'm a little down about all the time we don't get with him right now, can you tell?  But instead of counting down the days/months/years left, we are going to try and still enjoy the little time we do have with him.

So one blessing to getting sick and having to be induced was that Tyson came before David started school - which we were really worried about near the end.  I don't think I could have, okay lets just say, I couldn't have survived at ALL without him there.  And he would have missed those first few days of school which wouldn't be good in the long run.  We got home from the hospital Sunday night and bam, David started school the next day.  Luckily it was orientation week, but he was still gone 7am - 6pm all that week.  No studies at night though, yay!  Just getting up several times a night to hang out with Ty and I :)

Friday, August 15, David had his White Coat Ceremony.  And we made it the first family outing, Tyson being one week old, and not sleeping at all the night before.  I was nervous for me to be able to walk and sit properly and also worried Ty may be fussy or hungry, but he slept the whole time!  David sat with his class and then walked up to receive his white coat and then the class read the oath.  I teared up and was just so proud as he walked back from the stage getting his coat.  He's a great husband, now dad, and soon to be dentist.  After the ceremony we had dinner with his parents, Jonathan, and Dale Linton who all came to support.

where's Waldo?  oh.. David (above) :)

That first week ended and David has been in full study mode since.  I'm looking forward to Christmas break, the first real break, ha.  While having a new baby isn't easy, add school, studying, several tests a week, sleeping - and its overwhelming for him and us all.  But while the beginning was really hard, I feel like we're all getting into a better routine.  David knows how much time he can give, and he always spends it with Tyson, usually holding or making faces/noises with him while I am close by usually eating or doing dishes, etc. trying to fit more in to my day.  Some days/weeks we don't see him too much, but then those days he gets home early or takes a few hours off are simply the best.  All 3 of us hanging together :)  Thanks David for all you do for us while still doing great in school and doing all you can to be a future provider for us.  We love and are so proud of you already!!

2 comments:

  1. Those are great White Coat Ceremony Picts! I know I felt like it was hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But it will go by faster than you think. It sounds like ya'll are making it work! Love seeing your pictures on Instagram. Such a beautiful family and son!! So happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete