Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Back to the Grind - Early Fall 2014

Well, I started this post in early fall... and I can tell things got a little busy around our home, because I didn't get very far in writing.

Here's the highlights from our Fall:

1)  David's back @ school

This was an adjustment for him, me and Tyson.  D & T were hanging out together all summer while I got in a few extra work hours most mornings/afternoons.  D helped work too, but anyway, Tyson had a bud and they missed each other lots.  David has 36 credit hours ( i think at least??? ) which means he's sitting in class basically from 8-6 almost every day, sometimes w/out any breaks.  And he takes the train leaving home between 6-6:45, sometimes a lot earlier if he's got a test.  Which speaking of tests, he basically had 1-3 every day it seemed - it was too hard for me to keep track of, so really maybe not every day but at least 3-5 every week.  Besides the actual classes, there's lots of drama with the leadership of the school and we are just really hoping things change soon.  It's hard to deal with that while having so many classes and stuff to study...

And for me, I had forgotten how to entertain a 1 year old.  And really, when I was doing the FT mommy work, Tyson wasn't walking or even crawling so it was really just adjusting to my new role, and fitting work into regular nap schedules that D was so good to set up.

2) Ty guy and I are keeping busy

At first this be at home all day with a now very busy boy was tough - what will we do all day from say 6:30 - 6pm when daddy got home?!?!  After a few weeks, we had a better schedule or at least a list of "ideas" that I could get working on.  And also I felt like he was ready to get learning a bit, so I have been researching on all I can do to help teach him.  More to come on that, but he's enjoying it so far.  It takes some planning on my part so it's taking some time to get all together.  But we have done LOTS of walks, park trips, errands to stores, playing with toys on all levels of our house, naps, etc.  We haven't done too much TV really and that is good for now.

3) Family time is limited

And while we don't have family time a LOT, when we do, we play hard.  David comes home and Tyson is just SO HAPPY to see him.  They play well for those 1-2 hours they have together.  And Saturday's and Sunday's when Tyson can find Daddy in bed that morning, he is just thrilled.  They'll always be buds though, David is just the best dad.  Sundays are our treasured days together.  No school, just church and I'd say relax but it's more - get stuff done, visit family etc.  But we still enjoy the unusual schedule and I am very appreciative of David helping with diapers, food time, etc and anything to just give me a change/break.

Well, this is just the beginning of fall...  David gets out of school around Thanksgiving, if all goes according to plan.  Then boards, part 1, to be taken before Christmas.  Short semester!!

No comments:

Post a Comment