Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Work, School, Life as now

Well in January a company bought us (my work company), and then put our company up for sale...  We've been going through this for months and months - and I just have to say finally - we're done!  I've put together so many spreadsheets and reports, yay no more for awhile I hope.  Our company has been bought by an investor.  This is great for me because now our company is on our own with such a small company, well, lots smaller than before.  Our HR team has a lot of decision making abilities.  It's stressful but a great learning experience for me.  I'm involved of a lot of the changes that we'll be making and hope to make some good contributions.  Some people still drive me crazy and there are days that I don't want to be at work...haha, don't we all?  But I'm still here and hanging on.  I like knowing all that is going on in our department - the processes and ways to help employees - which is good - at the same time, I still am stretching myself all over many projects.  Even though we know our future we still have a lot of things to decide: Performance Reviews, Benefits Changes, HR database and starting to support the Europe and Asia groups and doing what I do for US for them... as well as lots of other things - payroll, intranet, terminations, new hires....  The list starts to overwhelm me.  Anyway, just a quick update about it all on my end.  When I come home I still am finding time to finish putting our new home together (I think we're about done and pictures will be coming soon!) and doing recipe and computer projects.

David is probably 10 times more busy as he has part-time work and full-time school.  He has 2 really hard classes, and a 3rd class just starting next week.  All of his classes are part of his pre-dental required classes.  He studies during all of his free hours, and I feel like he should be getting 110% from all that I see him do and help him study with.  He is taking a pre-dental class actually teaching about teeth and stuff.  It is quite fun for me to hear all about it.  I don't have tests, but I get to see our recently purchased teeth model and learn all about how teeth are formed, why my teeth are sensitive and so much more.  Maybe I should have been a dentist!  Except I hate body and blood.  So, we'll leave it to David.  He's got the DAT test this spring so we've got a lot of decisions to make with schools and such.  Fun yet hard times.  David is so great at everything.  I mean besides all the homework he's still such a big help at home and gives me so much of his time.  I sure love Sunday's though since those are my one days with just us.

Anyway just a quick update on our busy lives... I'd say it can't get any busier, but I'm sure it can.  We just keep going with the flow and enjoying it as we can.

1 comment:

  1. Awe I love how you said you love hearing about all the teeth stuff!!!

    ya, you'll get over that real quick! But enjoy it while you still think it's fun.....

    ReplyDelete