So in my church I serve in the Primary, over the 8-11yr olds; teaching them each Sunday... if that's what you call it. I'm not a teacher professionally and never hoped to be, but I'm learning a lot. And David comes in for my lesson each week and sits between some of the rowdy boys or even helps teach sometimes. Well, the whole Primary had a Saturday activity based on our theme of the Scriptures this year. We signed up to do a David & Goliath teaching/demonstration. Little did we know that our lack of art skills and our OCD tendencies would keep us up into the morning... Maybe easier to explain in the photos. We drew a huge picture of Goliath for the kids to see how tall he was (over 10 feet), and then we brought frozen peas for them to sling shot with a plastic spoon, or just throw. Some little ones weren't sure what was going on but once David said - hey kids, today is the day you can throw your vegetables... they all got way into it! Pretty fun idea huh?!?!
We laid the paper in our home and David drew the left side and I drew the right... all the way down! Pretty good that we did this free handed and it looks awesome :)
No comments:
Post a Comment