Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Friday, July 1, 2011

Visitors

We had some visitors over Father's Day weekend!  I felt pretty lucky and privledged to have my Dad come to UT - making it possible for us to celebrate with him and Diane!  They took me up on the "Come visit Grandma" post I wrote about earlier this month.  And on top of that, my previous roommate, mission bud Court was here that weekend too.  Talk about busy busy!

With Dad we did a lot of visiting grandma, eating, flowering, etc etc.  We spent a lot of TIME together, and as my Dad reminded me of a good quote from conference....  Love is spelled t-i-m-e.  I like that comment and idea.  It was a very packed weekend for sure.  Grandma loved having us, she wasn't sure who we were most of the time, and as her eyesight is getting worse, she kept saying - what are we doing out here in the middle of the night!?!?!  And Diane and I would continue to try and convince her the sun was up.  Dad just laughed at us.  We took her to look at and pick out some flowers from Home Depot so she could have another activity to do at her new home.  She loved them and I'm hoping she remembers they are alive and not like her fake plants.  We had Dad & Diane over for dinner and then the rest of the time they took us out to eat and even made steaks at grandma's one evening.


As for Courtney she was busy with weddings and seeing nieces/nephews until Saturday night so we hot-tubed with her and friends.  And Monday we spent time at breakfast and shopping around the Utah valley (I was sickish so decided to take the day off - I think I wore myself out and caught a cold)...  It was great to see her even though we were both so busy we only had limited time.

I didn't give David a lot of down time for homework, or even grocery shopping or anything!  No wonder we got sick.  But I sort of blame it on the Primary Activity we also attended (pictures coming on that one too, pretty fun)....

Thanks everyone for visiting!  Come again soon.  It is the perfect weather right now finally and if I were somewhere else I'd be visiting Utah too!

No comments:

Post a Comment