Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Fourth of July! ! ! !

Happy Fourth! So we had a busy holiday with lots of family...

First we got up early (why?!) and watched the Murray Days Parade with the Evans/Speirs family and my mom.  It was crazy weather with sprinkling rain looming over every once in awhile.  We also sat further back which actually was nice rather than the continuous candy and water being tossed at us.


I needed a nap afterwards, but we pressed on... On to the Clark's with our tray of red, white and blue strawberries.  They could have looked like the magazine pictures, but somehow I am not so good at white chocolate and sprinkles also...  There were a lot of strawberries and it took the 3 of us awhile to get those all done.  We did the bbq with the Clark's and hung out for a bit afterwards.


We stopped at the Evans party but basically missed it, so they planned a pizza and swimming party the next day anyway, so we went to that. 

We then headed home and got our gear for fireworks!  This year the fireworks were HUGE all over.  Utah is now allowing the big aerial fireworks!  So, while this is awesome...  if you recall the last few times I've been around fireworks (24th last year and new year in Italy) there have been some close calls with my L I F E... so yeah, I was a bit jittery.  And luckily, I survived!  David sometimes tried to scare me when we would walk around and saw neighbors fireworks exploding the wrong way, but I just hid behind him :)


So we watched the fireworks in Murray and it was a great show!  So beautiful and bright.  I needed sunglasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment