Happy Birthday to Me!!
So, Friday morning we slept in and just took it easy. David kicked me out so he could wrap presents and I went to the gym. Then I opened my presents - David got me a laptop case that I'd been hoping to get for awhile, and also these fun cozy red pillows too. I loved my gifts, and the rest of the gifts came from the whole day David had planned for us! (I also got some fun gifts from my family and friends, they sent wonderful things like clothes, purse, jewelry, a willow tree statue, etc - thanks everyone! I felt so loved). As for the day date, David had a theme planned for our outing, so cute. It was a surprise but I did guess it after a bit. We first re-visited our first date again (happened on Aug 1, 2 years ago) at Memory Grove with Jamba's. It was pretty hot out, but very enjoyable to walk and chat on our trails. Then we went to our first mall visit together at the Gateway, there we walked around too and played in the Apple store. Our first dinner was at our favorite Italian place, Settebello, and we went there for dinner on my birthday too! Wow I was hoping to eat there :) David did good! And it didn't end there... next we drove to Bountiful and went to where we watched our first sunset at the Bountiful temple together. We were a little early so we had a chance to rest our feet a bit from all the walking. We drove to our first kiss place, and then went home to watch the first movie we watched together, Father of the Bride 2, while eating cake David made for me. The theme was "our firsts together" if you couldn't tell. And I've realized that all of our firsts are my favorite things to do or see, David spoiled me 2 years ago when we started dating, and he's still doing it today! Thanks sweetie! The day couldn't have been better.
Love this one of us....
This was a drawing I made on an IPAD during our visit, I'm so talented huh? It's David and I on our walk from earlier...I've decided birthday's are simply the best because it's all about ME only for a day. I get calls or messages from family and dear friends who care. I'm thought of on that day and how cool is that. Yeah kind of "all about me" but I'm not usually one for the limelight so it's strange I love birthdays but I guess I just love being spoiled sometimes, don't we all?
Thanks everyone for making my day so wonderful. Especially my dear husband, it would have been another regular day without all of your planning and showering me with your love.
No comments:
Post a Comment