Here's a look into our daily routine since it changes so frequently. Obviously this is Tyson and Mama's day, Daddy is thrown in at the beginning and end but he has a whole other kind of stress and busy ;) Side note - while this looks like a rigorous schedule, we tend to mix things up a lot, but the general flow is the same.
6:20am David leaves for school, Andrea hops in shower, hopefully Tyson is still sleeping but sometimes he's already waking (the last few weeks he's been up around 6, not cool!)
6:45/7:00am Tyson is up, diaper gets changed and we get him dressed
7:15am Eat breakfast. Sometimes it's slow, like he wants 3-5 small bowls of cereal and sometimes he can barely get 1 bowl and we are off to something more fun. Also has a sippy cup of milk.
8:00am Reading. Tyson is usually the most interested and quiet so we do several small books and also throw in a church picture book or Noah picture book. Tyson loves to look at pictures of Jesus and the prophets and catches on to most of the pictures I tell him about.
9:00am Finish getting ready. Usually we go back upstairs, brush our teeth and I finish my hair and make-up depending on the day if it goes up or down. Tyson watches, plays with toys or his toothbrush and just deals for a bit. He's usually pretty content but sometimes won't last long.
9:30/10:00am Depending how the morning is going usually there's Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on TV so we watch an episode. I try and be productive - dishes, write in the journal, read work emails, etc. Tyson loves Mickey and sits content through the 20 min episode and dances to Hot Dog at the end, cutie. If we don't watch, we either are 1) playing at a park or 2) run to a store if needed.
10:30am Snack. If I remember, we grab a snack if we are in or out.
11:00am Still playing or at the store. Or we go to the Murray Library for a wiggles class once a week.
12:00pm Lunch - and I try to fit in at least a fruit, maybe a veggie along with a sippy of milk.
12:30pm - 2:00/2:30pm Night Night Nap. We go upstairs, find his blanket, read a book in the rocker, turn on the sound machine and night light, turn out the light, rock and I plop him in bed and saying night night nap and blow kisses to him from the door. He usually goes right down if he's not overtired from prior days lack of sleep. During his nap I work the whole time.
2:00-3:00pm If Tyson wakes up early we try and stay in my office so I can get a few more things done, doesn't last long, but sometimes he can play/watch and alphabet website that has songs and some fun activities to watch or do.
3:30pm Snack.
3:30-6:00pm Play! We go through a lot of activities but the ones that happen tons and tons... hide and seek, his cars and tracks, hiding or playing with stuffed animals, blocks or legos, watching outside, getting the mail and walking to the train some days. I try and usually put some dinner together with Tyson playing with kitchen items or our alphabet magnets on the fridge. If I was better planned I'd have a new subject each week - but this only happens every few weeks and otherwise we just play with our toys and I try and throw in colors, letters, numbers to our playing.
6:00pm Dinner and Daddy gets home, yay!
7:00pm Get ready for bed, bath is every other night for now, but summer may bring daily.
7:30pm Bed. Daddy rocks Tyson. We have a whole night routine that helps get him ready for sleep. Change diaper, Bath/PJs, put on lotion/cream everywhere, brush teeth, pray, Mommy leaves, read scriptures and rock with Daddy.
7:30pm-10:00 Andrea works, David studies. We like to pack it in. Sometimes there's time for a quick break to have a snack together but that was more first year, we're pretty used to saying - see ya at 10 now days, and lately it's been 10:30/11.
10:30/11:00 Bed.
Weekends we try to do - groceries, laundry, cleaning, study/work still, I try to make 1-2 bigger meals to make weekdays easier on us, and then by Sunday night we usually crash and watch something.
It doesn't look so bad written down, but we are always very tired and have so much more on our list that we can't get too right now as we are just too busy with the daily stuff for now, someday. But it's worth it for me to get to spend all my time with Tyson. Love that part.
No comments:
Post a Comment