Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Thursday, March 19, 2009

50/50 chance


So I filled out a bracket this morning - for March Madness!! I've never done one before, but have had several friends do this over the years. Well, today at work I was told I had 20 minutes and that I needed to sign up. So, I did. Do you think I picked the winners?? Heck YES!! Okay - wow, I'm being optimistic...because I have no idea what teams are good, who are likely to win, or even where some of these teams are and had now 15 minutes to do it all. But, I finished my picking in record time - like 5 minutes. I kinda felt like I was back in school..... there I was sitting in class and the teacher pulls out a pop quiz/test over the reading/lecture. And I grab the test and have NO IDEA what the answers are. I am overjoyed to see that at least 80% are multiple choice, so I have some percentage at getting it right. And then for the fill in the blanks - I would write some random finance/business term that maybe could fit? The class I'm imagining was one of my worst classes - Business Risk Management. We took these "quizzes" every lecture, and it was always on current events or lectures, etc. This was my least favorite class ever!! Oh gosh, I really don't know how I sat in it for 1.5 hours 2 times a week. Lectures were bad, and then the quizzes were worse. They were the ones that no matter if you read or not, I wouldn't get them right. So, I gave up studying ever and just hoped for the best. Sad!! I think I have a better chance at my bracket than with those tests. I have 50/50 right? At least for each game... but overall, a LOT less - too bad I don't feel like doing that math, or I'd tell you my chances :) Instead I'll be sitting at work, watching my brackets, and just so happy because I'm not in school anymore and I don't have that stupid class or stupid quizzes. Another little blessing of graduating!! Go March Madness!! (The blue font is for BYU!! Go BYU...although I didn't pick you to win it all... guess I'm not that loyal, but I did pick U of U to get further...haha...the things I do now that I'm in Murray...)

2 comments:

  1. Me and Rob do brackets every year. I could care less, but he likes have someone to do it with. This year I am WINNING! woohoo. and I ALWAYS always pick the same team to win every year...do you know who that is?

    NORTH CAROLINA BABY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, for broadening your horizons with new experiences like playing the brackets-haha. Luck is a lady, right? Ain't adult life grand! Way to go! Proud mama:)

    ReplyDelete