Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Friday, March 13, 2009

Sticky Thoughts


You know how people say "Not a day goes by that I don't think of my mission"? Well sometimes I feel that there's not a day that goes by when I'm not thinking of a boy. HAHAH. Tis true. It could be that I'm excited to get a phone call from a certain someone to see if he wants to do a 2nd date... Or maybe I'm happily dating a boy and wanting to show how I care for him, etc. Or it could be that I dated this guy and it's over and he's stupid but I still can't get him out of my head. Or maybe it's a potential future boy that I don't know yet. Or someone who's a friend but could be more. Okay... these are all scenarios I could be having. And I guess I won't share what is stuck in my head NOW... sorry.

Am I crazy? Am I obsessing a bit too much? What if he just won't go away?? If it's about a boy that's good - it's not okay because then I usually get myself worked up or psyched out a bit too much or something. If it's about a stupid boy it's not good - because it ruins future decisions of actually liking boys. etc.

And you know how whatever you think about the most - you are? So does this mean I am a boy? Or I'm a person who's not satisfied? Or I'm bitter? Or I'm hopeful for the next call? Or - - - I just need a life?? Yeah. I know. I need a life. I'll try to work on that. Sounds like the best idea. Help me get rid of these thoughts!! Anyone - ideas?

5 comments:

  1. Sing your favorite hymn?

    I had lots of obsessive boy thoughts before. I think the worst thing for my boy thoughts were chick flicks - they made me feel lame and alone, so I basically stopped watching them.

    Okay, so maybe advice isn't my strong point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. I would set a goal at something new. Like...learning how to, I don't know, ski, oil paint...something. Take a class and go regularly. Maybe occupying your mind with looking forward to doing something new and/or enjoyable could help. Maybe??? Maybe not.

    BTW...tag you're it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh DATING. I don't miss it a bit. I think that is great advice to learn something new and to ban chick flicks for now. Now that I don't have a lot of time on my hands, there are so many things I can think of that I would want to do--cooking class, travel, sewing, take a class at a gym, etc etc. Come visit us in LA:). I love reading your blog to catch up. You are so cute. If I see any cute single guys down here, I will let ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I think I've been trying to do these sorta, but glad to know everyone did the "dating" or boy dreaming crap....

    ReplyDelete
  5. About 92% of the time, I hate my life when it comes to boys. The other 8% is when I get glimpses of what a great time of life this is to travel, pursue my other dreams (besides getting married!), develop myself spiritually, etc. I don't think I'll ever regret the 25...maybe someday 26, 27, 28, 29...or more..years I've lived on this earth as a single woman, as long as it is what the Lord would have me do. I think someday I'll find a real winner of a man and I'll thank Heavenly Father day and night for making me wait so I could find such a dreamy husband! And I may as well enjoy the journey, since I'm on it one way or another. This is all me trying to learn, understand, and convince myself as i spout off things that I wish I could really feel 92% of the time rather than 8%!

    ReplyDelete