In between Disneyland, we took a break and slowed down our day a bit. Actually, David was productive and set up to tour a Cali dental school nearby this morning. But of course, first was our hotel breakfast (picture below). It was actually very good, and all in all we liked the hotel a lot, yay. Sausages one day and bacon the next along with waffles and eggs and all sorts of yum.
David drove off to his dental school tour (and I missed him lots) while the rest of us drove to see the Newport Beach temple. Sam wanted to touch it so you can see that picture too, awe. It was hot there too so we didn't stay too long, just a few pictures, walked around and done. Then while waiting for D we stopped at a Newport mall - actually the same one D & I visited 2 years earlier! It was a little too pricey so we just walked around again and then drove to the beach and found a good place to be there. After a bit D found us and we all played a bit. Poor Sam wasn't liking the sand, I don't like it too much either, but if you can clean it off, it's all good. But after we found sea shells and got some feet wet, things were a lot better.
After the beach we stopped for some real fish & chips, oops forgot a picture there. It was a hole in the wall, but definitely the real thing! Then we went home and just relaxed, napped, chatted, ate more from the freebies in the hotel, etc. D & I took a quick dip in the pool too, but it was packed with kids, so that didn't last too long.
Good call for us to take a break between Disneyland. The heat was gone at the beach, so I was much happier, but also I could just sit and do nothing which also makes me happy. Wow, that sounds lazy, but alas, I guess that's me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment