I don't need to explain much about these... We went on a few dates, hurrah! D's school and dental test studies have kept us busy basically our whole married life. And even after the DAT, we keep pretty busy with who knows what - family visiting, church events/meetings, shopping, working, etc. So while we do get to see each other and talk a lot more and watch more tv (not sure if that's a good thing...) we don't always have dates "out" as much. So, here's a couple dates we've been on recently:
BBQ & Golf/Arcades:
We had steak and corn soup (a new recipe and favorite for me)! You grill the corn and blend it up with milk and spices and add homemade tomatoe corn salsa yum! Maybe I should share some recipes sometime, but usually I make things that are pinned, etc. This one we learned in a cooking class we took (thanks to work for that one!)
Then we went to Boondocks (also thanks to work I got some free passes from a sales pitch) and played golf, did a car race, played air hockey and even won a few tickets on other games - which we went and got prizes, but just the candy prizes. It was nice to be out in the end of summer/fall weather and pretend we were dating again. Well, as marrieds, we're all dating this whole marriage time huh?
Lagoon (#2 this year) Double Date:
At the end of September I was lucky to get a couple Lagoon tickets from work (extras from before that we already paid for so...) and we headed back to Lagoon. Again, it's no comparison to Disneyland, but a few drops or rollercoasters always makes me smile. Plus we had 4 tickets and 4 meal tickets so we went with my bud Courtney and her husband Caleb. They just moved to Utah for a year and just got married last year so I hadn't seen Court too much plus it was good to get to know Caleb and just play together. We went Sept 28 during the day and spent about 5 hours there. No we didn't do any Fright Night stuff, but just road all our favorites. It was warm, but not too bad and the lines weren't too bad either. Here are a few shots of us waiting or riding a few rides. My favorite is still the rocket, but I did the other rollercoasters as well and enjoyed screaming on them all. It was nice to have 4 of us and chat, grab lunch, and just ya know, have fun. Thanks guys for coming with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment