While Eric & Amanda were visiting last month, we also stopped and visited Grandma Ginny (Everts)! She was ON ONE that day, and it was really fun to see her old personality shine through. Even though we reminded her over and over that we were her grandchildren (favorite too... wink wink) and just did the normal repeating with dementia, but she was still so FUNNY. We took a tour of her outside area. For the past year when we visit we usually tour the facility and get all the way to the cafeteria for a Coke, but they had a fire a few months ago, so that's gone, crazy! Too bad for us because we liked to get out of the small area too.
We also had Grandma give E&A a tour of her room and tell us where she got it all. She teased David a few times and rather than telling us about a doll behind him, she said "oh that doll, I've had him (David) for awhile". And she did think he was cute I think. Hahah.
There have been some ups and downs with her health, mostly needing more nutrition and stuff so hopefully the facility will watch her more carefully and get her on some better medicine so she doesn't keep falling. She does walk, with her walker (pictured below) that she says she got from her dad (really it's her son Jeri, but he's got grey/white hair and she thinks it's her dad). The first time she referred to her dad, I was wondering if she was seeing more than we could here (spirits) and I said, well maybe he's here but I can't see him... but now I get it and laugh and tease Jeri when I see him.
We love you grandma! These pictures will go up in your picture frame collage soon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment