Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Saturday, November 23, 2013

October Events

General Conference
I remember six months ago we were watching conference, me with a belly growing, thinking it was our last with just us.  Well, it happened, we have a little one watching with us - or would you say distracting us :)  It was definitely a different 2 days, but really a good weekend.  David took off of studying from Friday to Sunday so it was a mini fall break I guess.  We loved it - ran errands Friday then just relaxed and were spiritually fed Saturday and Sunday.  Only stinky part was that Tyson and I were getting a cold so we weren't the most pleasant to be around (David already had it earlier).  These were the only days we let Tyson watch TV extra long, usually its just for a couple minutes a day or something.  Great talks and I feel spiritually ready to take on another six months, I tried to pay special attention to the talks for parents since I'm always needing inspiration now as it's all just a new adventure.











Family park trip
One Sunday we took a trip to Murray park before we hit the true fall weather.  It was nice to get out all three of us, and just walk around and take a few pictures here and there.  Tyson is so quiet when he gets outside and likes to just check everything out, especially trees if we walk by them.  I'm a little afraid of winter with a baby, but we will stay inside mostly right?  So, good to be outside while we still can.





Pumpkin Patch
First pumpkin patch with Tyson!  Man, we had no idea all it takes to have an infant at a patch, we are in for a lot of eye openings like this one I'm sure!  We usually walk around scouring for the best pumpkin face, but this time we were passing Ty back and forth between us two, he didn't sleep so was tired and a little fussy, so I just grabbed whatever pumpkin didn't look moldy.  And then we brought juice for the Clark clan after and just running back and forth with one hold him, or grabbing the 2 cameras we had, pumpkins, sanitizer, blankets, etc.  Crazy, I'd have a stroller but it was way muddy so that didn't happen either.  But I guess that will help us on other outings right?  All you experienced parents would have laughed or are laughing now at my lack of really knowing how to handle events with a baby.  Always impressed with parents, but each day, I get more and more impressed with those of you with several kids - how do you do it?!



 All these not so happy faces, poor guy wasn't too happy





Pumpkin Carving
Again, we don't have a real napping boy yet, so during one of his cat naps we started cleaning our pumpkins and then at a later break each of us carved ours separately.  We did this Sunday so we had lots of time with David.  When we finally lit them, we had Tyson check them out and he was mesmerized at the glow - he seems to love orange and candles, so this was perfect.










Halloween
First real holiday for Tyson, so fun, D & I love this one!  We had a busy day and night!  David was stuck at school from 8-6, so Ty and I hung out and headed to my work party from 11-4.  We dressed up together to match my team of Circus people, and I was an Organ Grinder and Ty was my monkey.  He was asleep when we got there so I was harder to figure out, but once he was awake it was great.  Well, here again, being at work, for a party and also getting a little work done - exhausting with a baby!  I fed him 2x, walked around with him to get him to sleep for 20 min, then just passed him around a bit and such too.  I got home and was physically worn out!  But our team won the costume contest, and I happened to win a raffle prize too so it was worth it.  Just was way exhausted and sore from all that carrying.


That night D got home and we headed to the Clark's for the normal party, but we didn't go out with the kids this time.  Instead we showed off Tyson's second outfit, which matched Dad - Angry Birds.  Tyson was the perfect little guy, after eating, and he showed off his chatterbox skills and head holding skills too.  We were so excited he wanted to show all he's been up to.  We rushed home to get him to bed a little late, but not bad.  And have eaten LOTS of candy this week - gotta stop that one soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment