Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm 25!!

YIKES!!! 25???!!!???
Okay, I'm not OLD at all.
I know. But I'm a 1/4th of the way from dying. At least I hope I live to 100. So, here's a re-cap from my day yesterday. Thanks again to everyone who helped me feel SO LOVED.

- WORK. Till 4 when Jayne told me to go home :)
- At work they decorated my cube, I did catch them (today is my boss's b-day and I snuck in early and decorated her office window and put up balloons, that was even more fun!)
- TEXTS. I got a bunch from family and friends.
- One person, texted me every hour yesterday, and sent me one today too...haha
- Facebook. I'm not really good at that anymore, but people still wrote me.
- Calls. Yes, I love those too - although since I was working and out it was hard to answer a lot of them.
- Lunch. I had lunch with my favorite Steph at the Training Table.
- Baskin Robbins. Mom bought me a couple pints so I went and picked them out and took them home... YUMMY!!
- Eric called, and Briand called - one of the many highlights of the evening :)
- Date with Chris.... more below
- My Apartment got decorated while I was gone... it was everywhere, as you will see also

Chris took me to the Garden Restaurant on top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, and we could see the SLC Temple and the city down below. He didn't even know that that was one of my favorite places - I even wouldn't have thought of it, but I surely LOVED it. Then we decided it was cooling down so we could take a walk to the Conference Center and get a tour of the roof. So, we had our own private tour with a lady who took us around and told us many cool stories. And I even convinced Chris to take a picture... he hates that, but since it was my birthday I figured he'd do anything right? Yep. But I only got him to take one other one that night. I should have really milked it for all I could get... oh well. Here we are on top of the roof with a view of the temple:
Then we headed to Bountiful. I should have stopped at Grandma's, but it was Chris who was planning, so I didn't say hi. But we went and walked around the Bountiful temple and just watched the sun set. Yeah, it seems pretty romantic writing this, and he did a great job and making me feel all special. Thanks Chris!! But, we are barely dating, if that, so it wasn't mushy or anything - no one start getting ideas. I don't know that this will go anywhere, so why put on my blog huh? Oh well, just don't ask me too much please cuz I freak out about dating... This blog will be more for me anyway someday. Anyway, i LOVE the SLC sunsets. They have so many gorgeous colors. A lot like the flowers Chris got me, see?
And here's what we came home to - my cutely decorated, or trashed, however you think, apartment. I love girls!! It was the sweetest thing. I've missed my old roommates and friends, so it was something I truly needed and I felt loved. Thanks Shayla and Katie. Awe!!
(Even in the shower...I didn't find that till I got ready to hop in...)

And they even got my car...totally embarrassing driving to work!! :) What a great day!! The celebrations will continue ALL WEEK, and maybe longer. Come celebrate with me if you want!! The party's here....

1 comment: