Clarks 2013

Clarks 2013

Monday, July 27, 2009

Especially Annoyed

Okay, first off, I have to say I'm not a speech pathologist, speech therapist, or even an English major... BUT, my mom is... and even as a child as she would continually correct me, I'd say things wrong just to bug her. He he, I was a bad child...

Maybe I'm getting payback now. There's one word that I swear EVERYONE and their Mom and dogs say wrong and sometimes I just get so annoyed!!

Especially. Yes, that's the word. Say it now before I teach you how and maybe you do it wrong too. Remember, everyone does basically.

Es-pe-cial-ly
Pronounced = [i-spesh-uh-lee]

Why do people put an X in it??? I always hear: EXpeshuhlee. But Look above, there is no EX in it!! Seriously! And maybe I even said it wrong once. But someone pointed it out...and now I will forever hear it and just drive myself nuts!

And now, it will drive you batty too!! Sorry... :)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. Funny. No wonder I can't spell that word. When typing I type ecspecially. I just typed it on word and word immediately change ecspecially to especially when you press space. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is one of those words that we mispronounced as kids and it just stuck. Like...Valedictorian. Until college I thought it was spelled valevictorian. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete